SAIA | Driver facing cameras

I thought I did, I guess there were more than I found.

I'm sorry but your whole coffee sipping analogy is rediculous. By your logic checking your mirrors is a driver distractiin. You know exactly what they mean by driver distractions.

Drivers are messing with their cell phones, GPS units, head sets, etc etc. I promise you that's 98% of the dirlstracted driving issues. If you've been driving a truck longer than a day you don't need to take your eyes off the road to grab your coffee from the cup holder that's right next to the steering wheel.

I assure you that the driver facing cameras will bear out the fact that that drivers are still texting and making phone calls on their phones when distracted, not drinking coffee.

I swear some drivers really grasp at straws when discussing these topics.....

PS: Oh let's not forget about the real elephant in the room for linehaul. Drowsy driving. No telling how many drivers in the line haul industry, not just Saia, are out on the roads with 4-5 hours of sleep. Wonder how many drivers the cameras will catch dosing off at the wheel.
does anyone know the real reason the driver facing cameras were put in at Saia?

was told it was due to a saia driver killing a family in a accident. is there any truth to that?
It was because a guy buying underwear on amazon. He rear ended a car and killed like 3 people. They said it cost them like 15 -20 million by the time they got out of it.this was per the head of safety so you can take it however you want but that’s what she told me

It was because a guy buying underwear on amazon. He rear ended a car and killed like 3 people. They said it cost them like 15 -20 million by the time they got out of it.this was per the head of safety so you can take it however you want but that’s what she told me
good grief! What an a-hole