SEFL | Driver facing cameras

suicidejockey

TB Regular
Credits
So I hear through the grapevine that y'all are getting those stupid drive cams like us it it true. someone that said they worked for sefl posted on our camera thread about it. If it's so then get ready

So I hear through the grapevine that y'all are getting those stupid drive cams like us it it true. someone that said they worked for sefl posted on our camera thread about it. If it's so then get ready
What I've heard is forward facing not driver facing, but new units will have the lane departure warning etc

I retired a few months ago. But my tractor had a foward facing camera and all the lane detection buzzers. Southeastern is also switching to all automatic transmissions

I retired a few months ago. But my tractor had a foward facing camera and all the lane detection buzzers. Southeastern is also switching to all automatic transmissions
Congrats on your retirement:). Were you a city driver? I'm asking bc I'm convinced I won't be able to do city work up to retirement age

Congrats on your retirement:). Were you a city driver? I'm asking bc I'm convinced I won't be able to do city work up to retirement age
I done p&d for about 8yrs then moved to line haul. 21 yrs of service. Didn't get nothing fancy when I left just a hand shake. The company is headed in a different direction. my advice is don't let them run over you. Don't be that guy who doesn't voice his opinion. Always remember when we are all dead and gone Sefl will still be around.

What I've heard is forward facing not driver facing, but new units will have the lane departure warning etc

Hey ya'll...I don't mean to crash onto you board, but we've had those drive cams on our windshields for about 3-4 years now here at Conway/ XPO. They face both out ward and inward and record in both directions. Our company tells us the reason they want to record us as drivers is so they can correct distractive driving behavior that would likely lead to an accident, i.e. holding an electronic device, eating something, etc. Coaching in the office is required if you cause the camera's red light to go on either by a hard brake, rough bump, etc. .Also,they'll coach you for not wearing your seat belt, smoking, and other various prohibited things .
I hate to say it ...but welcome not only to our world but probably all of the trucking industry will get drive cams eventually as time goes on.

Safety will review all hard brake and lane depart episodes with drivers
All lane departure episodes? If they are anything like the systems on the new tractors at Holland, you are going to need a whole day of review for every day driving. Those things go off all the time. You have to stay perfect in your lane. And if its snowing, you have to stay in the tire tracks because it thinks that is the lane. Those systems are terrible