FedEx Freight | Driver Facing Cameras

Seems the description given of you by your co-workers as a disgruntled employee is spot on!! Called in for "corrective action" from across the country?? Only two centers are currently using them, not necessarily "across the country", and I wouldn't consider being called in to view a clip then discussing ways to prevent future situations seen in the clip from occurring again as "corrective action"!!
It's ok Chicken Little, the sky is NOT falling!!
Are you retarded? Seriously, I have to ask. From all the statements you've made I think maybe some chromosomes got crossed. You actually are dumb enough to believe that if the company calls you in to the office to view footage of a mistake so they can "discuss ways to prevent future situations from occurring again" as you say, that's not a path to corrective action? You're in the office having you're actions reviewed! In fact keep defending the company Red, you make me laugh. There's a sucker born every minute...

Are you retarded? Seriously, I have to ask. From all the statements you've made I think maybe some chromosomes got crossed. You actually are dumb enough to believe that if the company calls you in to the office to view footage of a mistake so they can "discuss ways to prevent future situations from occurring again" as you say, that's not a path to corrective action? You're in the office having you're actions reviewed! In fact keep defending the company Red, you make me laugh. There's a sucker born every minute...
Unless a written correction action is taken, no!! What's wrong with discussing ways from preventing things from occurring again?? It happens during safety meetings all the time, are those employees receiving "corrective actions"??

No Red, I've just been paying attention to life in America and absolutely do not trust ANY corporation these days, especially this one. There will be TWO cameras in the tractors. One for the road, one for you. No , no , no the company would NEVER do anything like use any information it has at its disposal to get rid of somebody. That doesn't happen at fedex, never. It's already happening that drivers that have them have been called into the office for "corrective action" around the country. We discussed this on the last union conference call. Funny, even though the union carriers have them in some of the tractors, it's in the contract that any footage from driver facing camera CANNOT be used for ANY discipline whatsoever. You go on cheering with the purple pom poms Red, I choose not to blindly love this entity.
What are you even talking about? If you're referring to YRC, it's in an MOU between the company and the union, not the voted-on contract. And the actual language is that the inward facing camera is completely disabled by the supplier, complete with a sticker over the lens stating such, and that the outward facing footage cannot be used for punishment. And YRC is the only one with any protection whatsoever. ABF and UPS don't have any protective language yet in regards to cameras.

Take your tinfoil hat off. The amount of money FedEx stands to lose if an inward facing camera determines you were distracted when that car cut you off isn't worth letting them spy on you. A LOT of companies are backing away from inward facing cameras due to legal risks and driver backlash. That, and the fact that they're discovering that we're not all liars and, for the most part, we aren't the problem. And if you can trust one thing, it's that FedEx will do what benefits them, whether it benefits you or not.

Unless a written correction action is taken, no!! What's wrong with discussing ways from preventing things from occurring again?? It happens during safety meetings all the time, are those employees receiving "corrective actions"??
There is quite a difference between a safety meeting and being called in to the office.

Is it?? Really?? If both are discussing ways to prevent future triggers and no one is hit with a corrective action, then what's the difference??
like i said this is new, thats only the beginning. give them a foot and they will take a yard. if you believe no corrective action will eventually come from this then i have a bridge to sell you.

like i said this is new, thats only the beginning. give them a foot and they will take a yard. if you believe no corrective action will eventually come from this then i have a bridge to sell you.
Not very optimistic are you?? You must be a "glass half empty" kinda guy. :idunno:

Respect and trust are earned not given. When you trust someone or in this case a company, and the company break that trust it takes a long time to trust again sometimes a company can never regain that trust.

Respect and trust are earned not given. When you trust someone or in this case a company, and the company break that trust it takes a long time to trust again sometimes a company can never regain that trust.
Agreed....but what does it say about a man's self-respect when he continues to work for the employer with whom he doesn't respect and/or trust??

Agreed....but what does it say about a man's self-respect when he continues to work for the employer with whom he doesn't respect and/or trust??

It says they want to put food on the table for their family and most don't want to start over regardless of the trust issue. The company knows this and they take full advantage of it.

It says they want to put food on the table for their family and most don't want to start over regardless of the trust issue. The company knows this and they take full advantage of it.
Starting over is a small price to pay unless respect and trust really mean nothing to that man....just sayin'!!