FedEx Freight | Driver Facing Cameras

Looks to me like it is a option when ordering the tablets here is the company we are using check it out. They can be ordered with or without the camera. http://legacy.pitchengine.com/peopl...toptionallyportableonboardcomputingplatform-1
"With TABLET's optional built-in camera, drivers can photograph damaged goods and send photos to expedite replacement shipments for better customer service and faster billing"

You mean this? This sounds to me like a tool for the driver to use via the tablet, not one corporate can remotely access to spy on them.

You are grasping at straws in the name of an irrational fear. I respect that you corrected me on the camera being optional, but the same article expressly points out that it's a driver tool, not a driver monitoring tool. If they were going to put a camera in your face they would find an all-in-one solution like DriveCam from Lytx.

"With TABLET's optional built-in camera, drivers can photograph damaged goods and send photos to expedite replacement shipments for better customer service and faster billing"

You mean this? This sounds to me like a tool for the driver to use via the tablet, not one corporate can remotely access to spy on them.

You are grasping at straws in the name of an irrational fear. I respect that you corrected me on the camera being optional, but the same article expressly points out that it's a driver tool, not a driver monitoring tool. If they were going to put a camera in your face they would find an all-in-one solution like DriveCam from Lytx.

Not grasping at straws just pointing out the camera is optional. I skimmed through the article just to see the camera was optional didn't see the rest.

Here is a rear and front picture of the tablet.
nNr28bP.jpg

Fn46Tbe.jpg

I was told today that a driver in the upper midwest was given 3 days off for a hard braking on camera.
Guess the honeymoon is over .....

Yea, don't hard break you sumbitch! Slam into da mofo
The hard breaking event (notification) comes when the "active" safety system senses impending doom, and takes control. This flags (and records) the event, which is said to be reviewed.

I seem to recall being told that these reviews "may" include educational coaching with the driver, but not be used for disciplinary purposes. That was the impression given at the time. I'll have to look back to be certain of the specific wording, if I can find it.

Either way, all things tend to be subject to change. The presentation of any changes in policy should be interesting. Also a new thread on the topic is probably in order. False triggers, poorly calculated systems, as well as actual results of safety committee reviews, would all make for interesting discussion, IMHO.

May I ask.. what camera system did they mount for you guys? Is it the lytx camera? Not your tablets, the windshield ones.