Driver Facing Cameras

It would be nice, but I don't see happening. We will get guys that put black tape on lens, put visors in way and put dirty fingers on lens, than comes the letters for everybody to knock it off.

One reason I don't like driver facing cameras is that if driver crashes and dies somebody is going to watch it.

I just left a company that decided to install driver facing cameras.
If this happens at your employer ? Ask them about the FISA act then wait for the bull :crap: response

A guy in my church that delivers ice cream cakes to grocery stores,told me his company just installed these cameras.
I asked him if he thought it was an invasion of his privacy.
He said he didn't think about that issue.
It is just something he has to put up with if he keeps working for them.

They say it will be used for defense in accidents. On the other hand I can't touch anything electronic in the cab or face termination. They've fired drivers that had nothing to do with accidents that was caught on camera.

I think its becoming a insurance issue for the big push. I've had a camera in truck at least 5 yrs. My driving habit I'm sure have changed because of that camera on me.

Trucking is becoming an UN-hireable industry.
Folks looking for employment are not willing to come into an industry with so many rules.
Along with current drivers being fired for stupid stuff.
I guess their is becoming a real need for driver-less trucks,to move our nations goods.

Trucking is becoming an UN-hireable industry.
Folks looking for employment are not willing to come into an industry with so many rules.
Along with current drivers being fired for stupid stuff.
I guess their is becoming a real need for driver-less trucks,to move our nations goods.
either being fired off, or getting disabled......

i hope that the day does not come to driverless anything.

i can see no good from it. too many variables that the IT people cannot factor in

Cameras in trucks LOOKING FORWARD is fine, watching Drivers is not.

Harris Teeter has Driver facing cameras on the e-log devices just overhead of the driver and locating the camera is easy since the surrounding area in usually sticky and dirty from Chiquita banana stickers, tape, other sticky substances.
IF there is a recording device or the camera receives voice and other noises, I hope it's not being recorded because I've used some colorful verbiage and will continue ESPECIALLY in those trucks with autoshift AND the DECELERATION (claimed as a "safety" construct) application when any vehicle pulls in front of the truck however two wheeled motorcycles as well those nitwits on mopeds seem not to trigger DECELERATION.
There are also on some trucks (and probably soon all company trucks) side warning devices that emit in cab sounds which have startled me.

Sadly Harris Teeter is going to ALL autoshift because of the inability to hire "drivers" knowing how to SHIFT GEARS and H.T. claims the autoshifts are producing Fuel savings, so bye-bye straight drive, hello to the mundane monotonous movements.

Yep, messing about with the "safety equipment" will get a driver gone.