TForce | Driver facing cameras

Most likely.

i certainly would if had trucks and drivers.

Wether we actually will go to cameras is another matter...............

It's an eltronic device and thus can't be used against a person
According to the contract evidence obtained by electronic devices cannot be the sole evidence for disciplinary action. It can be used along with other evidence, such as observation by a supervisor or law enforcement.

As I row the same kind of boat as Dracula, I throw this out there. Don't numerous videos, regardless of discipline, place the onus on the company? They're obviously aware of "unsafe" behavior before an incident. Unless I'm on video doing something illegal, it's "just another" accident.

They are trying to lower to 21 the driver age for interstate operations. I wonder how many 21 year old people are willing to start a new job when told everything they do in the drivers seat will be recorded using audio & video?

And being told in the interview they will be away from the house for 2 weeks before they can party or go on a date. Life just gets tougher & tougher. von.

Working P & D for 45 years up to my retirement,after dealing with customers & local traffic.
Every day after completing my daily route & heading back to my terminal.
I would go totally ballistic in my day cab,screaming,sometimes singing,& praising Jesus at the top of my voice.
I wonder how that video would go over?

Working P & D for 45 years up to my retirement,after dealing with customers & local traffic.
Every day after completing my daily route & heading back to my terminal.
I would go totally ballistic in my day cab,screaming,sometimes singing,& praising Jesus at the top of my voice.
I wonder how that video would go over?
Probably send you for a drug test

The difference between FedEx freight and ups freight is FedEx reinvest in the company..ups freight is cheap if you look at the fact we still pull overnight and motor cargo equipment.. it supports my statement.. I have friends in feeders at big Brown and they say the same thing.. so we are a long way from seeing cameras in the trucks

They are trying to lower to 21 the driver age for interstate operations. I wonder how many 21 year old people are willing to start a new job when told everything they do in the drivers seat will be recorded using audio & video?

And being told in the interview they will be away from the house for 2 weeks before they can party or go on a date. Life just gets tougher & tougher. von.
It has been proposed that the age for driving a commercial vehicle in interstate transport be lowered to 18. It's already 21. An 18yr.old can drive a truck now intrastate only.

I doubt we'll see this, ups won't invest in those because they don't show a monetary return on the investment.
They would use the money for more dim machines, before driver facing cameras.
There is still EoL barns with out dim machines and were 5+ years Into using them.

This was in the FEDEX forum of Truckingboards.
Massive jury award against FedEx unit could re-set standard for damages in truck accidents
You don't think that UPS management isn't looking at this and how they can pass the liability buck onto the driver. Cameras are one way to establish fault and pass the liability buck. It's in your future, you just haven't signed the contract yet.
The liability still lies with the company.
The company hired, trained and put the driver in service so even with a camera in the cab they would have had a huge judgment.