XPO | Driver Facing Drivecams

vetran peddleman

FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY
Credits
I know that his topic has been talked about quite a bit on our board.. but see if any of you can help OD drivers and SAIA drivers that are currently struggling w/ getting driver facing cameras in their tractors. Both those companies have threads on this subject that I think a lot of you can give much encouragement and help to them.

Whenever management has had a discussion with me about it , my response is simple - Do I like them? Not really , but I accept them and know they are a necessary evil. I wish we would have had them a long time ago and believe they should be in ALL company vehicles , even yours , Manager.

I will say that I cuss the flipping ::shit:: out of it every time I see that it has gone off. I am sure the people that have to watch the endless numbers of pot holes and bridge joints and hard hooks while we are screaming the worst of obscenities are completely numb to virtually any form of otherwise horrifically offensive language.

I think that in the long run, the cameras are an advantage to drivers. First, they can get you out of discipline because if you are driving safely with proper following distance for example, and someone does something stupid, the camera will get you off the hook. And second, if you continue to get your ass kicked for violations, you will start following safe driving procedures better, and possibly be able to avoid and prevent accidents in the future.
Shouldn't all drivers WANT to become better drivers? Get spanked enough times, and you will start to realize that there is room for improvement with your driving skills. The life that the camera saves, might just be your own.
Keep your pants up and your finger out of your nose, just in case a big bump triggers the camera.
Knowing that the camera is there, just might help you focus on your driving skills.
:1036316054:

I think that in the long run, the cameras are an advantage to drivers. First, they can get you out of discipline because if you are driving safely with proper following distance for example, and someone does something stupid, the camera will get you off the hook. And second, if you continue to get your ass kicked for violations, you will start following safe driving procedures better, and possibly be able to avoid and prevent accidents in the future.
Shouldn't all drivers WANT to become better drivers? Get spanked enough times, and you will start to realize that there is room for improvement with your driving skills. The life that the camera saves, might just be your own.
Keep your pants up and your finger out of your nose, just in case a big bump triggers the camera.
Knowing that the camera is there, just might help you focus on your driving skills.

And we run lines here. So we know where the craters are and avoid them whenever we are able. But sometimes that thing decides it wants your picture.

Not necessarily true....I had a "coaching" session where I explained to my "coach" what occurred. He told me that after that explanation, he understood what had happened and agreed that I did everything right but couldn't have that points removed off my file.

Not necessarily true....I had a "coaching" session where I explained to my "coach" what occurred. He told me that after that explanation, he understood what had happened and agreed that I did everything right but couldn't have that points removed off my file.
I see two possibilities here.

1) Your "coach" doesn't have the gonads to disagree with you in fear of a confrontation, so he found it easier to just blame the company and agree with you.

or

2) You have an extremely flawed system where a driver could have done everything right, but the jackasses in the corporate office don't really care about right and wrong. And they would rather look for reasons to :nut kick: a driver versus looking for reasons to let the driver off the hook.

:idunno:

I see two possibilities here.

1) Your "coach" doesn't have the gonads to disagree with you in fear of a confrontation, so he found it easier to just blame the company and agree with you.

or

2) You have an extremely flawed system where a driver could have done everything right, but the jackasses in the corporate office don't really care about right and wrong. And they would rather look for reasons to :nut kick: a driver versus looking for reasons to let the driver off the hook.

:idunno:
Are you a coach? There is nothing wrong with a driver stating his case as to what happened, so gonads (or lack of) doesn't even really come on to play. If you are guilty, you are guilty. I've been called in for no seatbelt on while on private property, which even isn't on the list. We have had guys called on the carpet for the most ignorant of things. I prolly haven't been "coached" 2 or 3 times since they have been installed so it's really a non issue for me.

There are flaws with this system but the fix seems simple -

Put drive cams in company cars used by management and account executives.
And anti alcohol starting devices.
There are flaws with this system but the fix seems simple -

Put drive cams in company cars used by management and account executives.
HaHa...you probably have better odds at seeing the pension reinstated before cameras in the cars.

Are you a coach? There is nothing wrong with a driver stating his case as to what happened, so gonads (or lack of) doesn't even really come on to play.
At Conway......NO. And trust me when I tell you, it takes a set of gonads for a "coach" to stand up against a driver that thinks he was in the right, when by rule or law, he was not. And yes......confrontations can pop up during these situations, so yes, a set of gonads is required.
Don't take it personal, that's not my intent, but trust me......been there done it.

If you are guilty, you are guilty. I've been called in for no seatbelt on while on private property, which even isn't on the list. We have had guys called on the carpet for the most ignorant of things.
In my mind, it would take a fool who has never driven a truck before to write up a driver for not having their seat belt on, on private property. Every driver knows that a seat belt is a distraction when trying to back up quickly in tight quarters.

I prolly haven't been "coached" 2 or 3 times since they have been installed so it's really a non issue for me.
I don't know how long you've been driving at Conway/XPO, but I surely wouldn't worry about a few of them unless they were big ones.

At Conway......NO. And trust me when I tell you, it takes a set of gonads for a "coach" to stand up against a driver that thinks he was in the right, when by rule or law, he was not. And yes......confrontations can pop up during these situations, so yes, a set of gonads is required.
Don't take it personal, that's not my intent, but trust me......been there done it.

In my mind, it would take a fool who has never driven a truck before to write up a driver for not having their seat belt on, on private property. Every driver knows that a seat belt is a distraction when trying to back up quickly in tight quarters.

I don't know how long you've been driving at Conway/XPO, but I surely wouldn't worry about a few of them unless they were big ones.
The coach should be able to stand his ground but also be open to hearing what the driver felt occurred at the time and actually give it thought. Sometimes the camera folks get it wrong.
The person who happened to mention my seatbelt on private property was out regional safety manager.
I have been a driver here let's say starting from the 90's. The whole camera thing kinda aggravates me, but doesn't worry me a bit.

Coaches are a joke. We have some that coach themselves. Sad when our trainers have accidents and injuries in the last year and they keep their position. Safety and integrity are nothing but words by us.

The coach should be able to stand his ground but also be open to hearing what the driver felt occurred at the time and actually give it thought. Sometimes the camera folks get it wrong.
Absolutely. And the coach should have a damn good record of their own, or maybe they shouldn't be coaching.

The person who happened to mention my seatbelt on private property was out regional safety manager.
Then your safety manager might just be clueless. (Unless the XPO seat belt policy is different from most other company's)

Coaches are a joke. We have some that coach themselves. Sad when our trainers have accidents and injuries in the last year and they keep their position. Safety and integrity are nothing but words by us.
1 Tm should coach trainer. 2 No one else wants to be trainer...

really the only people having problems with the cameras are believe this or not the bad driver's.If your one of the calm driver who doesn't think your a nascar driver you will never have a single light go off.