Holland | Driver fired in A-town

Like I said earlier,the new policy handed down from saftey will not let anyone use the two hr ext.No matter which barn you are out of,its the same.If your term mgr is doing this then contact saftey .If you let your term mgr get away with this then he will continue until his hand gets slaped.A one day susp is not acceptable. Fell free to PM me on this matter.

Like I said earlier,the new policy handed down from saftey will not let anyone use the two hr ext.No matter which barn you are out of,its the same.If your term mgr is doing this then contact saftey .If you let your term mgr get away with this then he will continue until his hand gets slaped.A one day susp is not acceptable. Fell free to PM me on this matter.

Well Brothers here is what happened. My firing got reduced to a 1 day suspension. :tongue0002:Jack H, was present, and he said I should have driven anyway. And greived it after the fect! That said, he's our "Labor Man", now I'm sure the "Safety" dept. was consulted before our meeting, to make sure they could fire, and make it stick. Or were they? That also makes me think that USF Ho. "Safety" is only more of a smoke-screen to divert even more liablity to the drivers, because the company holds "safety/training" sessions.:hysterical: But this matter is still not resolved the Union and the comp. are going to have to file a joint letter to the D.O.T. to get clarification of the law in this case. Thus making a greivance not warrented. (due to the fact Panel CAN NOT interpret the Law.)
rrider1971,
Did your BA not have copies of the ruling by TNFINC?
I know what the law says, but TNFINC's ruling in response to TMI's request emphatically states that we WILL NOT use the 16 hour rule except on runs that the company submits to TNFINC for approval, PERIOD! I don't give 2 sh*ts what any "labor man" says, WE DO NOT USE THE 16 HOUR RULE!...
Protest the suspension and file for all lost time, H/W and pension contributions as a result of it...
THEY ARE WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!...

As well, ruling no. 5 also states... "TNFINC informed TMI that all hrs. of service negotiations should be conducted at the TNFINC level and NOT with supplemental negotiating committees"...

You need to pursue this to the highest level... File your protest NOW before it becomes untimely... Do not let this get by you...

Well Brothers here is what happened. My firing got reduced to a 1 day suspension. :tongue0002:Jack H, was present, and he said I should have driven anyway. And greived it after the fect! That said, he's our "Labor Man", now I'm sure the "Safety" dept. was consulted before our meeting, to make sure they could fire, and make it stick. Or were they? That also makes me think that USF Ho. "Safety" is only more of a smoke-screen to divert even more liablity to the drivers, because the company holds "safety/training" sessions.:hysterical: But this matter is still not resolved the Union and the comp. are going to have to file a joint letter to the D.O.T. to get clarification of the law in this case. Thus making a greivance not warrented. (due to the fact Panel CAN NOT interpret the Law.)
rrider1971,
Did your BA not have copies of the ruling by TNFINC?
I know what the law says, but TNFINC's ruling in response to TMI's request emphatically states that we WILL NOT use the 16 hour rule except on runs that the company submits to TNFINC for approval, PERIOD! I don't give 2 sh*ts what any "labor man" says, WE DO NOT USE THE 16 HOUR RULE!...
Protest the suspension and file for all lost time, H/W and pension contributions as a result of it...
THEY ARE WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!...

As well, ruling no. 5 also states... "TNFINC informed TMI that all hrs. of service negotiations should be conducted at the TNFINC level and NOT with supplemental negotiating committees"...

You need to pursue this to the highest level... File your protest NOW before it becomes untimely... Do not let this get by you...

:butt kiss:We have gobblers working over 14 many times a week and they let dispatch punch them out while they send someone to get them. I have tried to tell them to stop this . They reply that yfs will fire the dispatcher who runs a city man out of hours. I would say to him ;that he will know what NOT to do if he ever gets another job. Every one is right ,FIGHT, then hire a lawyer and sue for the stress they caused you over loss of your livelihood.Lots of mental anguish!!!
DON'T GET MAD-GET EVEN ,WITH INTEREST!

:butt kiss:We have gobblers working over 14 many times a week and they let dispatch punch them out while they send someone to get them. I have tried to tell them to stop this . They reply that yfs will fire the dispatcher who runs a city man out of hours. I would say to him ;that he will know what NOT to do if he ever gets another job. Every one is right ,FIGHT, then hire a lawyer and sue for the stress they caused you over loss of your livelihood.Lots of mental anguish!!!
DON'T GET MAD-GET EVEN ,WITH INTEREST!

Thanks for the advice I will push the matter. And get a protest filed and contact saftey. Do you know if the 16 hr rule is being used for the city cartage as well as the road?
That seems to be the snag the B.A. tells me is why the suspensetion was up-held. ( I am a city driver)

Thanks for the advice I will push the matter. And get a protest filed and contact saftey. Do you know if the 16 hr rule is being used for the city cartage as well as the road?
That seems to be the snag the B.A. tells me is why the suspensetion was up-held. ( I am a city driver)

Truth is they can fire you for going to the restroom if they want to. You'll get your job back with back pay but they think that you'll be afraid to do anything else after that because you might get fired or written up so you'll be a better employee. And the rest of the terminal will do as they say or risk having to go through the hassle of getting their jobs back too. If he was out of hours to drive then he is fine. This same thing happens every week in Louisville, one of the bosses takes somebody with hours out to drive the truck back and the driver thats out of hours rides back as a passenger and clocks out. One of our guys called President O'Sullivan and told him about our TM holding our hams hostage and the next day the TM threatened to fire him for it, LOL.

Your not trying to say the TM is a ham slammer are you?

Truth is they can fire you for going to the restroom if they want to. You'll get your job back with back pay but they think that you'll be afraid to do anything else after that because you might get fired or written up so you'll be a better employee. And the rest of the terminal will do as they say or risk having to go through the hassle of getting their jobs back too. If he was out of hours to drive then he is fine. This same thing happens every week in Louisville, one of the bosses takes somebody with hours out to drive the truck back and the driver thats out of hours rides back as a passenger and clocks out. One of our guys called President O'Sullivan and told him about our TM holding our hams hostage and the next day the TM threatened to fire him for it, LOL.

Your not trying to say the TM is a ham slammer are you?

allentown b.a. local773 says the company can work you 16hrs. 1 day a week for any reason.:hide:

We have a B.A. in Allentown? I didnt know thats what he was, cuz he aint worth crap anyway. He is one sided and its not on our side. He is 100% a company man. Kind of hard to get rid of dead weight when knowbody runs against him. :chairshot:

allentown b.a. local773 says the company can work you 16hrs. 1 day a week for any reason.:hide:

We have a B.A. in Allentown? I didnt know thats what he was, cuz he aint worth crap anyway. He is one sided and its not on our side. He is 100% a company man. Kind of hard to get rid of dead weight when knowbody runs against him. :chairshot: