ODFL | Driver Hiring At Od

Yep I can answer that. When customers do not get their freight, dock workers and city drivers start falling from exhaustion, trailers are backed up many miles away and at destination service centers. corporate will still not OK hiring until they look at all the green bar reports than maybe they will OK the T/Ms to hire. The T/Ms will than take their sweet time because they are making big bucks off of all this so if it keeps up corporate will get on their A**. Applications will be taken physco computer test, full background test and weeks or months after corporate put out the original Email boom They hire.

They keep advertising needing Teams on billboards on the interstates.

We keep being told to check back next month to see if we can apply.

be careful

Yep I can answer that. When customers do not get their freight, dock workers and city drivers start falling from exhaustion, trailers are backed up many miles away and at destination service centers. corporate will still not OK hiring until they look at all the green bar reports than maybe they will OK the T/Ms to hire. The T/Ms will than take their sweet time because they are making big bucks off of all this so if it keeps up corporate will get on their A**. Applications will be taken physco computer test, full background test and weeks or months after corporate put out the original Email boom They hire.

That's about as close to the truth as I've heard lately.

Lease drivers

Saw on O.D.website that they're looking for lease drivers in several locations.Not been on the site in a while,anybody know how long that's been on it ?

I called the turm, manager at Eighty Four,PA. and he told me to just keep checking the Pittsburgh post, because thats the only way they addvetise when they hire. So thats what i plan to do. I was hope'in to clime on board during my vacation the first of march this year, but what he told me was, he believes that they will post an add, some time in April, May,or July. :1036316054:

I understand that they usually give a road test as part of the hiring process. Anybody
know what to expect on it? Thanx.

I understand that they usually give a road test as part of the hiring process. Anybody
know what to expect on it? Thanx.

Yes they do,pretrip is a big part of the test,I'm not a driver maybe one will come on soon and help you out.

tandemz,
most time we ask them to do pre-trip show and tell what you'r doing, hook-up and most important the driving part. in harrisburg most times it is done with a pup and only drive a couple of miles may be done differently in atl. you can check odfl.com for employment info also good luck

According to their website O.D.has several job openings.Look at the qualifications for dockworkers.They must be looking for college educated gorillas with web feet.Picking a 100lbs. up on a wet floor is a bunch.