Driver needed for dedicated logistics

Discussion in 'Truck Drivers Wanted' started by JReding, Jan 22, 2015.

1. JReding

JReding Member

Hey everybody
    My manager has an opening for a driver posted on our company webpage, but he hasn't had a lot of hits on it. I'm posting the opening for him in whatever venues I can think of. I'll attach the link at the end here with all the details. Providence Health and Services is a 5 state hospital system, we are growing a fairly new transportation department (only about 2 1/2 years now, and expanding rapidly). Currently our transportation department is only covering western Washington and the greater Portland areas. We have a nighttime position available right now, doubles and hazmat required. Check the link for all the details, and to apply online. I'll answer whatever questions I can to the best of my ability:
    http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs...class-a/4514827891E14EB4B156B512A9B625B9/job/

2. SuperCourse

SuperCourse HILLARY 2020

3. JReding

JReding Member

Sorry, SuperCourse, I just woke up briefly and saw your question (I'm one of the drivers, in case it wasn't clear).
    Pay is by the hour, DOE. We haven't really talked about it much, but from what we understand, we are all paid the same: I can tell you, I started higher than what I was making top-of-scale as a city driver at FedEx Freight. We get full medical/dental/vision coverage, 403b (similar to a 401k, but 403b is for non-profits, which is what we are), paid holidays, and paid vacation (PTO).

SuperCourse likes this.
  4. JReding

JReding Member

Oh, and we work half as hard as LTL. All loads are palletized, wheel off pallets, wheel on returns, and you're done. On to your next stop, or back to the barn.

5. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

A high school diploma or equivalent.

Have a minimum of ten years verifiable commercial driving experience with similar equipment.

Be at least 23 years......

If you have a minimum of ten years experience and be a least 23 years old. .... holy cow. .. that means you would have started driving at the age of 13..... lol

6. JReding

JReding Member

Yeah, yeah, I heard that one already! =D
    You can thank the lawyers and insurance requirements for the minimum age requirement having to be included in the listing...

Stimpy likes this.
  7. SuperCourse

SuperCourse HILLARY 2020

Sounds interesting JR, I'm not looking, I'm retired, but if I was in your area and looking I'd be filling out an application. Thanks for the response.

JReding likes this.
  8. JReding

JReding Member

Thanks, SuperCourse. I spent 18 years in LTL, and even though it's been an adjustment going to nights, I love this job. My manager will bend over backwards to keep his drivers happy, he treats us like family (how often do you hear that anymore?)...

Getoverit and Skinnytrucker like this.
  9. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

Sounds like a great job JR! I wish we had something like that here in OK!

JReding likes this.
  10. JReding

JReding Member

The position is still open, haven't found the right candidate yet...

11. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Sounds like a great job. ..be quite a commute from Pennsylvania. ..lol

JReding likes this.
  12. JReding

JReding Member

What..? You could make your Monday shift by, umm... Saturday?

Stimpy likes this.
  13. JReding

JReding Member

Well, due to lack of applications (we have received a grand total of 5?!), my manager has closed the posting for now, and it looks like we'll be going through a cdl temp agency for now.
    My best guess is nobody wants to work nights? And there's plenty of competition from other companies needing drivers.