R&L | Driver pay rollback

imported_dontcare

TB Lurker
Credits
did any notice the tv in the driver room said rl will not be taking a wage cut at this time.whats that all about how is the freight flow in the east when rl bought pro they brought us up to rl scale, I really dont want to go back to the old pro scale. our tm said the one more skid program out west should produce alot freight. problem is freight is scarce but I've always been a good hunter. compared to other driver with other companys we are doing better but alot shippers like us because we are the new kids on the block,we havent had alot time to **** them off yet

My prediction is that there will be no pay rollback...

My other prediction is that at the conference in Wilmington, R&L is going to announce that they will start paying OT...I think whatever they share at the conference, it will be very positive..

Call me crazy, but I believe they see Obama and this "Card Check" thing coming, and if they are proactive, they can keep, um, you know who, from getting their grips on R&L...

Just my opinion...

Man Im glad I quit R&L last year and got on with Fed Ex, sounds like R&L has become ONE BIG SOAP OP!!!

Can't stay out of our forum though can you?? The way to get more skids is by informing the shipper how the other LTL companies are laying off and could go out of business anyday without notice. Change it up and use a different company every week. I think next week I will use Fed-Ex, in the east we do whatever we can to get more freight.Keep turning profit in your terminal and layoffs and wage cuts are not an issue.

Man Im glad I quit R&L last year and got on with Fed Ex, sounds like R&L has become ONE BIG SOAP OP!!!

thats funny!!!!!!!!!!!
friday i was making a delivery and one off the local senior drivers from fedx freight was bithchin about his hours.showed me his check,worked 19 hrs past week.good thing he said was one hr. was overtime pay!felt bad to tell him i had 48!

My prediction is that there will be no pay rollback...

My other prediction is that at the conference in Wilmington, R&L is going to announce that they will start paying OT...I think whatever they share at the conference, it will be very positive..

Call me crazy, but I believe they see Obama and this "Card Check" thing coming, and if they are proactive, they can keep, um, you know who, from getting their grips on R&L...

Just my opinion...

I sure hope your right.˙sǝƃuɐɥɔ pɐq ǝɹoɯ ɥʇıʍ uʍop ǝpısdn pǝddılɟ plɹoʍ ʎɯ ʇuɐʍ ʇuop ʎllɐǝɹ ı

Can't stay out of our forum though can you?? The way to get more skids is by informing the shipper how the other LTL companies are laying off and could go out of business anyday without notice. Change it up and use a different company every week. I think next week I will use Fed-Ex, in the east we do whatever we can to get more freight.Keep turning profit in your terminal and layoffs and wage cuts are not an issue.

this is how all the BS rumors start

The shippers you visit must think your a highly intelligent person.... :duh::loser:

FM

The past 3 friday's have been really great. I've needed to clock out before 6:00, 4:30 & 5:15, been runnin' out of hours. It's great to start the weekend early with a full pocket. I feel bad when I hear other carriers are slow, but really............who cares right guys??!!!!!:biglaugh:

My other prediction is that at the conference in Wilmington, R&L is going to announce that they will start paying OT...I think whatever they share at the conference, it will be very positive.....
I've given this some thought. If they would start paying OT my guess would be 4 day work weeks @ 10 hrs a day. Thats if they pay OT after 40hrs.. Could also explain why the new Pres. said Paramount would be a major part of our future... He said it on the big screen:popcorn:. Paramount drivers could fill in at a lower rate when needed. I'm for overtime in the trucking industy it's bs that we fall under some old 1930's law!!!!!!!!!!!! Really nobody can blame any company for not paying ot. The blame should be on our do nothing lawmakers!!!!!!!!!

I'm a line haul driver but some of the p&d drivers are being made to go to a 70hr work week they are all working many of hours we seem to be busy I go to Ohio everyday and I'm never under 30 35,000 lbs coming home and everybody is working every day as far as I can see. I thing the new president is going to be good for the company so far so good ( I hope)

LOL, I remember a dummy broadcast over the CB radio speaking bad about R&L; the very words he used were (He would go to work for Swift before he come back to work for R&L), later the company he worked for went out of business and he tried to return to R&L and they wouldn't hire his dumb *** back...LOL.

Well,no OT pay according to my source but lots of changes to the MDT and the way we keep in touch with dispatch.Safety bonuses are going up though and the company has big plans for the future.All the guys that went there will fill in the rest later I'm sure.

How exactly do they get away with not paying OT????,....I thought that in WI that all hourly employees get time and a half after 40,........That's what I always thought anyway...

ICC allows any carriers to get away with it if they have any employees logging over 12 hrs per shift or something like that.Its BS but technically legal.