R&L | Driver pay rollback

Does R&l pay mileage or hourly for line haul and how much do you pay for your benefits?
See an add for drivers and thinking about applying.

I don't know how you guys can work for all straight time. Plus that your top scale is different all over the country. WTF.

I don't know how you guys can work for all straight time. Plus that your top scale is different all over the country. WTF.

I don't work for them but the top scale based on region does make sense to a point. If a driver down south makes $20.00 an hour, its not bad money. If a driver in California makes $20.00 an hour, your going to need food stamps.

I don't work for them but the top scale based on region does make sense to a point. If a driver down south makes $20.00 an hour, its not bad money. If a driver in California makes $20.00 an hour, your going to need food stamps.

yea but they're doing the same job. also, the company charges the customer the same whether you're shipping to california or down south. seems this logic only makes sense to the company when it comes to paying people not billing people.

yea but they're doing the same job. also, the company charges the customer the same whether you're shipping to california or down south. seems this logic only makes sense to the company when it comes to paying people not billing people.

A person in Philadelphia earning $50,000 a year would have to earn $58,227 to have the same standard of living in Los Angeles. If the company is adjusting salaries based on region, I would think its more fair than penalizing people living in areas with a high cost of living.

Using that same $58,227 living in Los Angeles and moving to Florence South Carolina, you would only need to earn $37,201, again for the same standard of living.

Here is a link to the cost of living calculator. It is really not as unfair as it may seem.

Cost of living: Compare prices in two cities - CNNMoney.com

Well thats fine,you don't have to understand.I'm still getting 48 hrs a week through the whole winter and at top rate right now while my best friend who works for ABF is sitting home.I worked for another freight company that payed OT after 8 and they went out of their way to make sure we didn't get hrs so I'm OK with it.

Well thats fine,you don't have to understand.I'm still getting 48 hrs a week through the whole winter and at top rate right now while my best friend who works for ABF is sitting home.I worked for another freight company that payed OT after 8 and they went out of their way to make sure we didn't get hrs so I'm OK with it.

Great response shadow, I agree 100%. I am still working 48-52 hours per week, and very happy with the pay..

Does R&l pay mileage or hourly for line haul and how much do you pay for your benefits?
See an add for drivers and thinking about applying.

R&L pays a set amount for a linehaul run..Family benefits, (medical-dental) are $42.00 per week. Good place to work in my opinion.

Fare standards Act of a long time ago , I think back to the 30's where the trucking industry doesn't pay time and 1/2 half . I've worked for several comapnies that didn't pay time and 1/2 .

50 to 58 hrs here.I have a 280 to 350mi. p&d.I would love a early day once in a while.But i am not complaining,happy to have a job.

Welcome to our side of the forum All Busted Freight Man, ooops I mean ABF Man. It's pretty easy working for straight time here. See we work for a guy who started this company with 1 truck and alot of hard work, not a company who has drivers that have to pay someone to represent them, we represent ourselves. And the reason for the different pay rates is because cost of living is different everywhere, I'll explain it better when you start working here.

Welcome to our side of the forum All Busted Freight Man, ooops I mean ABF Man. It's pretty easy working for straight time here. See we work for a guy who started this company with 1 truck and alot of hard work, not a company who has drivers that have to pay someone to represent them, we represent ourselves. And the reason for the different pay rates is because cost of living is different everywhere, I'll explain it better when you start working here.

Dude..you are doing the same freaking job!!! And they are charging the same rates regardless of where you live...R&L is simply using the cost of living nonsense to keep from paying you what you have earned...and on top of that no OT...

This guy started the company with one truck...evidently still maintains the one truck mentality...and thinks his employees should do the same...talk about out of touch!!!!

Rat :loser:

Why are you here???

Go back to your own board and talk about how dumb we are for working for straight time.We know what we are doing,chances are that most of us have been on the street as long or longer than you.We choose to work for R&L and you do your thing.Keep drinking that Union Kool Aid we wont stop you.

Wait a minut....freight rates are different for every company depending on where the freight is picked up or is delivered. There are cost of doing business differences in rates, or the trucking company doesn't know what they are doing.

Why do people from other companies come on here and try to start trouble? We are all grown men and know what we are doing. If we needed their advice we would go on their board and ask for it--I don't need it myself. I know people at other freight companies that have been layed off,let go,or sit at home a couple of days a week--while all the while we have freight falling off the dock. It is now evident that we are in the process of taking over Yellow and Roadway's freight. The people that come on here and talk trash had better concentrate on their own companies or we'll be taking over their freight too

I am so glad I Work For R+L. Because We are still hiring at my terminal and all the USF, Con-way, Saia, Estes, and O D Drivers are lining up to aplie for jobs this is the history of this company everytime hard times hit the industry R+L grows bigger and stronger. Its good to be number one driver:rockon:

And you guys hired some YRC big wigs that bailed on there co
you dont think they know whats going on
YRC'S a sinking ship

not that i care about yrc,
but a lot of those managers are being kick to the curb,
not as much as bailing.lots of them looking for work,
just like a lot of drivers and dock....:popcorn:

And you guys hired some YRC big wigs that bailed on there co
you dont think they know whats going on
YRC'S a sinking ship

Just for the record, Zimmerman did not bail, he was fired for being drunk on stage and grabbing on his girlfriend at the stock holder meeting. Officially it was listed as resignation, but he had no choice.