R&L | Driver pay rollback

Why do people from other companies come on here and try to start trouble? We are all grown men and know what we are doing. If we needed their advice we would go on their board and ask for it--I don't need it myself. I know people at other freight companies that have been layed off,let go,or sit at home a couple of days a week--while all the while we have freight falling off the dock. It is now evident that we are in the process of taking over Yellow and Roadway's freight. The people that come on here and talk trash had better concentrate on their own companies or we'll be taking over their freight too

Lets see, I havent been laid off, get my 45 hours a week with overtime after 8 hours and still make more than you do working 52 hours a week, pay 11 dollars a week for my benifits and they blow R-L benifits off the dock< we just like to visit to see how much you guys have been brainwashed by the line of bull your mgmt is telling you, thats all.

Lets see, I havent been laid off, get my 45 hours a week with overtime after 8 hours and still make more than you do working 52 hours a week, pay 11 dollars a week for my benifits and they blow R-L benifits off the dock< we just like to visit to see how much you guys have been brainwashed by the line of bull your mgmt is telling you, thats all.
How do you know how much leftlane makes @ 52 hrs or even hourly?. I've compared my hrs & pay with a friend that drives for FedEx Freight, he gets O.T. pay also and your theory would be wrong.

:Bondage:no pay cuts?well,not in the true sense of the word cut.how about pay reduction.if you run 5 linehayl trips a week, and are missing one or two a week,or a team setting home 2 or 3 days a week, or a city friver on oercentage picking up less freight, or you usually spend a total of 9 hours a night on your run, and now or setting and waiting for an extra hour or two with no pay for your load, or a team setting enough in one week waiting for loads while outside carriers trake load after load,that nyou miss a whole days pay, or you sit at your turn point extra while your slip drivers is late due to him sitting.get the picture.rl isnt cutting pay, but you are working longer to get the same or less pay.same end result.you make less because they are not paying for as much work.some of it is the economy,some of it is inertitude on managements part, some of it employee attitudes .i would like to know how many un paid man hours are spent each night by drivers having to wait for a load at their terminals?got to be outrageous.i read all the posting about how great the roberts are,how grateful we all are, how christian they are.heres the deal as we have all seen lately.if they were so great,they would do abetter job of managing the transition we keep hearing about.i have no argument with changing to meet business conditions,but there appears to be no consideration for the employee.i know you diehard company boosters will castrate me over this post, but facts are facts.no work,endless waiting for loads, unpaid, is not right.some of you guys who have to wait every day add the total time spent on your workweek.sort of brings down the pay,huh?as far as gratitude, i do like my job,but i mam worth my pay, and my time ids also worth something.good job or not, waiting is stealing from the driver.

Well, I do, as I call it &quot;donate&quot; a few hours every week. My run is scheduled to roll out the gate at 9. I get to work at about 8:30, and somedays my paperworks waiting on me. Somedays, I may wait until as late as 11 on it. But, it's been that way at my terminal for years.
I tend to agree with ya, it isn't right, but it is the way it is. I just accept it as one of the &quot;ugly warts&quot; of this job and carry on.

Now, what really gets on my nerves is the shop guys and their safety lane BS. This pizzes me off sometimes. We have to go through safety both inbound and outbound. So, wait say 45 minutes for your bills, go hook your set, then go down to the shop and go thru safety lane. Then the mechanic will tell you, pull it around so he can change a tire, or a wheel seal that's kinda seeping a little oil, or some other thing.
Lights and flats I get, those I find when I pre-trip, but the shop will find stuff that a driver won't notice and will make that driver wait until it's fixed.
So, while I'm getting a brake changed on my lead, my swap driver is rolling out on time and will have to wait for me. We're both late getting back, so our freight is late getting loaded on other driver and the domino effect begins.

kind of sounds like dallas.dallas is the only treminal we ever go to that has an outbound safety lane.dont know what genius thought of this.it is an abuse ip[of the drivers time.its like we werent paying attention when you came in but well do on your time now.like i said know of no other termonal like this, only inbound safety lanes every where else

What terninal makes you go through the safety lane before you go out? All the terminals that I've been to that do have a safety lane only make you go through there when you arrive. The only reason I can see for going through there before you out is because of the outside carriers. I have noticed that they never go through the safety lane when they arrive,so you never know if there is anything wrong with the trailers they bring in. I noticed a Paramont truck leaving the other night with a head light out,if they are not taking care of their truck what makes you think they are taking care of the trailers? Thankfully I see less and less of the outside carriers and more and more of our team trucks on the yard.

I would like to see the Company pay linehaul drivers for all time spent &quot;on-duty-not-driving (ODND)&quot;... They should at least pay you for the hours logged on the bottom line at a minimal rate of $10 per hour. That would be better than all the time they expect you to be ODND and not getting compensated. I realize that this time is supposedly figured into the driver pay scale...However, that is based on a minimal amount of time spent ODND. Any delays longer than 15 minutes and you are getting screwed. I don't volunteer for extra work anymore because it is not cost effective for me to work on Saturdays and feel like I earned anything for my time.

Some yards work guys on a combo driver/dock. Not sure what the pay is when they are on the dock. They only work the dock at their home yard.

they get paid there like a p&d driver. so if they been there a year and they are a rl employee it would be 20 and some change. when i was running line haul i help on the dock just so i could get back sooner and that was more money to me if i only work 4.5 hours instead of 5.5 that is more money in my pocket and more of my time:clap::popcorn:

kind of sounds like Dallas.Dallas is the only terminal we ever go to that has an outbound safety lane.don't know what genius thought of this.it is an abuse ip[of the drivers time.its like we weren't paying attention when you came in but well do on your time now.like i said know of no other terminal like this, only inbound safety lanes every where else

That's funny my Dallas driver brings me trailers without lights all the time along with all kinds of other defects that the safety lane should catch :duh:

That's probably because he just drives around safety and doesn't do a pre-trip.
If it's a night driver I'm not surprised, they can pretty well do whatever they want without any fear of repercussions.