Yellow | How Will Driver Pay Compare?

sleep walker

TB Lurker
Credits
Will someone knowledgeable please post a comparison of the new proposed driver pay (and Benefits) compared to ABF, UPS Freight, Walmart, non-union LTL carriers, and whoever else in the market we might be applying to. Thanks in advance.

We are the 2nd lowest paid LTL the only one who makes less than us is Standard Forwarding also represented by the teamsters 49cpm taking concessions even though owned by DHL the UPS of Europe which has enough money to pay full rates.

Will someone knowledgeable please post a comparison of the new proposed driver pay (and Benefits) compared to ABF, UPS Freight, Walmart, non-union LTL carriers, and whoever else in the market we might be applying to. Thanks in advance.
I have a few day old post in R&L forum that lists some of our rates if anyone does a comparison . We are due for a bump end of April so they'll change soon but they are up to date as of today for Midwest/Great Lakes area .Title of thread is "some linehaul rates" but city rate is included in first post.

Here's the current old Dominion mileage and hourly
VkMoRSW.jpg

Saia .66/mile & $26.8? City. OT after 45. .02/mile more (think $2) city in Chicago and other “challenged” markets.

Think about it's going to take almost 15 years to get back to 2008 pay rates if this contract passes unbelievable. They couldn't even add some sweeteners to help us swallow it like adding 3 to 5 extra sick days or personal days. What happened to profit sharing or some kind of 401k match if they can't increase pension contribution rates? Plus on discipline absenteeism and tardiness should be separate offenses progressions I always threaten to go home take 3 full days off ask if their going to give me a letter for tardiness if I'm late the rest of you should too!

nop.. they get health insurance premiums deduction weekly so basically their wages are not way over ours.. I'm just talking about the Chicago area... I have a couple of friends working there...
Well let’s look five years down the road. What will their wages be by then I’m sure they’ll be more than $26.17 an hour. Because they already are!!!!