SEFL | Driver Retention

When I talk with drivers for other ltl carriers I get the same response when asked if they would consider working for sefl. "Do y'all still overload the drivers?" Honestly, I have to answer yes. Conversation ends at that point. I guess we need a recruiter to sit outside JB Hunts terminal and try to get the mental midgets they hire to come work for sefl; a company they haven't heard of.

My SCM actually looks for drivers with no LTL experience. He prefers guys with those $14 and $15 an hour jobs so when they waive that $23.15 starting pay in their face they jump on it thinking they reached the Utopia of truck driving.

My SCM actually looks for drivers with no LTL experience. He prefers guys with those $14 and $15 an hour jobs so when they waive that $23.15 starting pay in their face they jump on it thinking they reached the Utopia of truck driving.
23.15 to start??? You must have a higher scale than us. I can't reveal anymore about that for fear of social media negativity retribution

They lobby for and buy no OT. My opinion. No facts to back me up other than the obvious one

If the Cassels valued their people the way the proclaim they'd pay it.

My area has fallen nearly two dollars an hour under our competitors, some of whom pay overtime. If it weren't for the kool-aid drinkers the turnover would be astronomical.

If the Cassels valued their people the way the proclaim they'd pay it.

My area has fallen nearly two dollars an hour under our competitors, some of whom pay overtime. If it weren't for the kool-aid drinkers the turnover would be astronomical.
Leadership says our only competition is Estes, Averitt, AAA, R&L, etc. When asked specifically about FX, ups, and OD the response is those are not regional carriers; they are national and therefore aren't our competitors