FedEx Freight | Driver Scorecard

Thought I heard some ********* say a while back that this whole outfit was one big house of cards.
Me thinks that there's a pretty stiff breeze headed for that house of cards.

Some strategically placed red shirts will hold the house together. Just ask them, they will tell you how good they are at holding things together.

Guardrail

Not true Sir , we can't seem to find any to hire in my barn.....

Same way at ours also !!! I always laugh when asked by management "do you know anyone who is looking for a Job" I always say nope! ! I wouldn't recommend this place or have someone leave a full time job to come here and be played around with and be the bottom guy as well as listen to all there threats on how to lose job.....

They just arent as good as they think they are. ... not everyone is dying to climb into one of there rusty wheeled big white barbie jeeps!!!!

I called D.C yesterday and told all about the score card and found out it is wrong. The things they charge you with has to be DOT chargeable and fedex cannot tell you that you can't drive if you have any DOT violations. Drivers need to do some investigating on this. Since this is going into effect on the 15th then that's when the point legally should start. Fedex freight is called in on daily to the head union office in D.C., I asked about it and they told me. Here is the number call and ask some questions 202-624-6800.

I have the point sheets right here in my hand. Can you please tell me which specific column deals with CSA points. The only difference in point value I see is based on the age of the incident. Could you please post the correct points card on here for us?

I don't doubt you don't understand my point. To explain:

Very simply, a very small minority (approximately 10-12%) of the drivers are having all the DOT reportable accidents, Out of service violations at roadside inspections, and multiple moving violations. The new point system gives them a simple mandate, stop being a douche bag, or be made available to the industry, with a high CSA score that will prevent being hired by anyone worth working for. That being said, there's plenty of things I don't understand about the points...like how hitting a pedestrian or being hit by a moving train are only 5 points, and a rollaway is 20. Guy in the cubicle evidently doesn't understand this....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just it. Not enough guys have the balls to make a serious Union threat. They just want to ***** and moan and hope someone else makes it happen.

Actually, you make two mistakes, thinking that somehow it takes balls to sign a card is the first; the second is thinking the union will make some kind of difference. They're proving pretty ineffective at YRC and ABF. The union is no panacea.

Who knows how any of this will end up, however I would check into what is legal and what is not. It is wrong the way fedex freight keeps coming up with ways to fire people. If a man is doing his job and doing it right why keep putting the employees through such.

Actually, you make two mistakes, thinking that somehow it takes balls to sign a card is the first; the second is thinking the union will make some kind of difference. They're proving pretty ineffective at YRC and ABF. The union is no panacea.

I know the mindset in the South is fear of repercussions from the company if they participate in meetings or signing. Hence the balls remark.

Maybe, but do they have scorecards?

It should be a abundantly clear to everyone by now that FedEx is hell bent on thinning the herd. First it was implementation of the May 1st rules regarding shutting off tractors and entering and exiting the truck and now this. The writhing is on the wall.

Yeah, that whole "work and drive safely thing" is really a pain in the ass. The best way to get even with the company is to do exactly what they tell you to do. Throws the redshirts for a loop. Of course, you're saying you have the right to work and drive unsafely, and ultimately you do! And the company has the right to fire you for refusing to work and drive safely. Then you can go find a job where you can drive recklessly and endanger all the soccer moms of the world and be proud of yourself and your refusal to do what you're told...until you wind up on the news like the walmart driver in NJ....or you could accept that the American driving public is fed up with "cowboys" who race up and down the freeway killing innocent people because they don't care about anyone but themselves...

Correct me if I'm wrong and you actually care about safety...because your posts claiming the company only creates policy to fire people indicates you don't care about safety.

Yeah, that whole "work and drive safely thing" is really a pain in the ass. The best way to get even with the company is to do exactly what they tell you to do. Throws the redshirts for a loop. Of course, you're saying you have the right to work and drive unsafely, and ultimately you do! And the company has the right to fire you for refusing to work and drive safely. Then you can go find a job where you can drive recklessly and endanger all the soccer moms of the world and be proud of yourself and your refusal to do what you're told...until you wind up on the news like the walmart driver in NJ....or you could accept that the American driving public is fed up with "cowboys" who race up and down the freeway killing innocent people because they don't care about anyone but themselves...

Correct me if I'm wrong and you actually care about safety...because your posts claiming the company only creates policy to fire people indicates you don't care about safety.

Nope! I fully agree with said policy! I don't agree with the 5 year retroactive BS!