FedEx Freight | Driver Scorecard

Yeah, that whole "work and drive safely thing" is really a pain in the ass. The best way to get even with the company is to do exactly what they tell you to do. Throws the redshirts for a loop. Of course, you're saying you have the right to work and drive unsafely, and ultimately you do! And the company has the right to fire you for refusing to work and drive safely. Then you can go find a job where you can drive recklessly and endanger all the soccer moms of the world and be proud of yourself and your refusal to do what you're told...until you wind up on the news like the walmart driver in NJ....or you could accept that the American driving public is fed up with "cowboys" who race up and down the freeway killing innocent people because they don't care about anyone but themselves...

Correct me if I'm wrong and you actually care about safety...because your posts claiming the company only creates policy to fire people indicates you don't care about safety.

Exactly. Doing exactly what you are told is the most effective way of confusing anyone in any level of management

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

Just throwing this out for debate: is it fair for the road and city to be on the same scoring system?

Not sure how they could use two systems to evaluate the differences in threats. Road drivers are far more likely to suffer "catastrophic" accidents, while city drivers can be nickelled and dimed to death with dock accidents. What about drivers who switch from one to the other???

Don't see how you could accomplish this without a point system more complicated than the playoff picture in the NFL!!!!

ST

...That being said, there's plenty of things I don't understand about the points...like how hitting a pedestrian or being hit by a moving train are only 5 points, and a rollaway is 20. Guy in the cubicle evidently doesn't understand this....

The pedestrian and train are "additional" points. If your rollaway hits someone then rolls on the tracks, that's 30 points...:)

Actually, you make two mistakes, thinking that somehow it takes balls to sign a card is the first; the second is thinking the union will make some kind of difference. They're proving pretty ineffective at YRC and ABF. The union is no panacea.

My balls can do calligraphy....:kicking:

BD,
when I asked the local redshirt if I needed to attend a meeting with the city drivers about "Scorecard", he told me I missed the "color by numbers" meeting, and that the "crayons and finger paint crowd" was meeting now. He said to wait and do a later meeting with the handful of drivers who had a brain...told him I'd be out of place....OMG!

How come we don't earn points for the years we are a safe driver? We always hear the bad things we do and never hear about the good things we do!

My good friend told me about that scorecard deal, he said not only is it gonna be policy but they go back in your record and issue points, he said he has 6 points, I gotta tell you, that sounds like a bad deal to me, I can understand setting policy and from now on you will accrue points for this or that but to go back in time is really chicken ****, he is upset as is all his co-workers, I don't blame them.

My good friend told me about that scorecard deal, he said not only is it gonna be policy but they go back in your record and issue points, he said he has 6 points, I gotta tell you, that sounds like a bad deal to me, I can understand setting policy and from now on you will accrue points for this or that but to go back in time is really chicken ****, he is upset as is all his co-workers, I don't blame them.

Even the constitution says you cant go back and make something in the past an offense. Only the future.. But I guess its Fred's company so he does as he wishes!

Don't you know that employees are just like customers?

When you lose one, there's always another one waiting in line, right?

Man I wish this stuff was legal, it's some really good ****.

[QUOTE=Big Dave; The pedestrian and train are "additional" points. If your rollaway hits someone then rolls on the tracks, that's 30 points...

lmao....

Don't you know that employees are just like customers?

When you lose one, there's always another one waiting in line, right?

Man I wish this stuff was legal, it's some really good ****.

Things must be different out there on the left coast, there isn't anybody waiting in line in the Midwest.:LMAO:

4 Yrs with Watkins, 3 Yrs with National and 3 Yrs with freight.

Watkins = no writes ups, never signed any BS stuff. Went to work, did my job, the end.

National = New handhelds, 1 write up, signing weird crap, not that bad.

Freight =
Jumping through hoops,
3 write ups,
something to sign or badge scan every few weeks,
missed gate a dozen times-10 min to hook,
safety guy tried to charge a preventable for a steer tire blow out !!!! ->
More computer crap,
walk like a duck,
personal days aren't personal,
red shirt using me for a step up the ladder.
Scorecard is Zero !
Take my time and **** them off,
missed gate, answer to redshirt, had to poop.LOL
take junk to the shop,
deadline it,
don't pull overloads,
no favors...
by the book.
If they can't fix it... swing it...
We let them get away with this.
If its not perfect, bring it to a halt.
They just want problems to go away and move the freight.
Put it back on them and slow the process.
First Post.. Enjoy The $ Hate the unnecessary BS...
Could be a Class Act company... But that was long ago.
Time to slow the process with legit issues. That will get more attention than signing a Card !
IF ITS NOT PREFECT, DON'T PULL IT.

Thanks All,,,
Jon