XPO | Driver shortage

Place your forks on top of the air bags and blow the bags up. It makes an awesome sound. Nowadays you might even find some drivers/dock workers running for cover.
:1036316054:

Just sayin'.

:popcorn:

Of course, in today's work environment where you can't have any fun, you could get :::shit::: canned over it.
:nono h4h:
Those bags cost about 8 dollars each

Where I worked those bags had zero value, since we didn't have any use for them and couldn't even air them up. They all went to the dumpster.
:1036316054:

believe it or not, I think there are some people where I am that place bags between skids, and just leave them thinking they will self inflate.
Get the fék out of here! That's funny , because as much as I hope you're joking , deep down there are people that I work with that immediately come to mind when I picture this.

Get the fék out of here! That's funny , because as much as I hope you're joking , deep down there are people that I work with that immediately come to mind when I picture this.
I will see it this week one morning, and take a picture and post it to you. No kidding.

If it's true that switching to XPO cancelled their two year contract, I would expect to see a bunch of new guys leave XPO. And if there are a lot of people sitting, as posted, they would be the lowest seniority.......and they would be the majority of the ones sitting. Don't be surprised to see a bunch of newbies quit if this is true.

We have had a bunch at the bottom quit. But they are experienced drivers. The dockhands that got trained kept their time and were above them. ( so I am told ) A man with a CDL will work. If not here. Somewhere.

These must be the same people as the " throw the straps on the floor in a big pile " guys.

Ever since they stopped ordering straps we got to horde them to have any. Whatever is left over at the end of the night usually get thrown into the last trailer.

Is that true ? Many believe that they are still bound to the contract. These guys would much rather have an income.
One driver in the same class last year got his license but did not complete the hazmat endorsement in the allotted time. He quit/got fired also with no pay back. The guy that quit this past week was at the bottom, he moved on to another driving job first shift, not another ltl.

One driver in the same class last year got his license but did not complete the hazmat endorsement in the allotted time. He quit/got fired also with no pay back. The guy that quit this past week was at the bottom, he moved on to another driving job first shift, not another ltl.

I wonder if you get fired or if it's noncompete that you don't have to pay ?

I wonder if you get fired or if it's noncompete that you don't have to pay ?
Not if you get fired. We slowed down in LHO one year a class just graduated . They got laid off so they got jobs at other carriers. When Conway called them back to come to work they had better start times where they were at . The attendance policy worked it there advantage. They didn't quit or call in the drivers were just late to work. "The bully system worked in there favor "

I'm confused Vetran Peddleman and Highspeeds. I believe you two when you say we have an excellent training program. But does the training stop at driving , pre-triping/post-triping , and busting/hooking a set?

Why so many complaints ( in general ) about dockworkers and drivers doing things the wrong way leading to problems? ( like damages ) With drivers , I figure we get a lot that received their CDL and training elsewhere. But with dockworkers , we train them from the ground up. There's no one else to blame for bad dockworkers but ourselves.

Yeah IP...the half dozen guys that we trained and licensed last year were hired as part time dock guys first. They were offered the cdl training program and took it. Soooo....they already had some training on I/b and o/b dock handling: which, by the way, should have included oversight and supervision of proper freight handling techniques that would help them keep damages to a minimum.

To answer your question, "Does training stop after a dsr gets his/her cdl?" No...emphatically No. When a dsr scores his cdl, it's only the beginning of a whole career of training and improving and honing their freight handling experience. I've been at this company since 1994 and from day one I was made to sit down and watch videos,(training), on CCX proceedures and policies. And over the past 22 plus years here I've been lectured to, made to watch videos, given loading techniques instructions, had SWI thrown at me, etc. etc. etc.

Bottom line...if we want this company and our jobs to survive,(and know that you do),then it is imperative that we do the best that we can individually and to come along side the new guys and encourage them to learn from us to do the very best that they can do.

Yeah IP...the half dozen guys that we trained and licensed last year were hired as part time dock guys first. They were offered the cdl training program and took it. Soooo....they already had some training on I/b and o/b dock handling: which, by the way, should have included oversight and supervision of proper freight handling techniques that would help them keep damages to a minimum.

To answer your question, "Does training stop after a dsr gets his/her cdl?" No...emphatically No. When a dsr scores his cdl, it's only the beginning of a whole career of training and improving and honing their freight handling experience. I've been at this company since 1994 and from day one I was made to sit down and watch videos,(training), on CCX proceedures and policies. And over the past 22 plus years here I've been lectured to, made to watch videos, given loading techniques instructions, had SWI thrown at me, etc. etc. etc.

Bottom line...if we want this company and our jobs to survive,(and know that you do),then it is imperative that we do the best that we can individually and to come along side the new guys and encourage them to learn from us to do the very best that they can do.

Teaching new or less experienced drivers requires them to be willing to be taught.

I actually came through the training program in '99. I felt like they did a great job. Back then we had to give 15months or pay back so much money, but as soon as you were considered a regular you were free from obligation. That was back when you went to orientation in Ann Arbor (CCX) for 3 days