XPO | Driver takes pumpkin through windshield...

imported_upnorth

TB Lurker
Credits
Last night, the xen ( eagan, mn ) dsr took a pumpkin through his windshield . Apparently, some disturbed person or kids dropped a pumpkin off an overpass on the I-94, and caught him in the drivers side of the windshield. shook him up pretty good, but he managed to keep it on the road. Saw it when they towed it to XFG, and it buckled the windshield pretty good. Several state troopers responded quickly, but were unable to catch the person responsible. I guess we have to look up on the overpasses too.......

tee hee hee...those silly little rugrats, they prolly thought it would make a good matching hood ornament...anyway all joking aside.
its good to hear that the driver kept it under controll. people like that need to be ran through the ringer. acts like that can lead to injury and or death. :busted_blue:

This isn't the first time it has happened. Last year one of the XDV drivers was on their way to XFW and some kids were dropping off on overpass buckets of corn and nails and shattered out his windshield. The same thing happened to one of the XIN drivers with a pumpkin last year.

It is truly dangerous and they think it's fun. Not only are they endangering the life of the driver but they are endangering the lives of all the people on the road when they do ignorant garbage like this.

The police need to take things like this extremely serious.

Never looking

If the cops took this as serious as hazardous spills, overweight tickets, and speeding tickets, they might catch a few of these people in the act.

Sillywilly said:
This isn't the first time it has happened. Last year one of the XDV drivers was on their way to XFW and some kids were dropping off on overpass buckets of corn and nails and shattered out his windshield. The same thing happened to one of the XIN drivers with a pumpkin last year.

It is truly dangerous and they think it's fun. Not only are they endangering the life of the driver but they are endangering the lives of all the people on the road when they do ignorant garbage like this.

The police need to take things like this extremely serious.

I think Con-way shoyld have some program to teach kids the dangers of Driving a truck to these kids and educate them what can happen to the drivers and what will happen to them if something like this ever happens again. Otherwise, i say take them to Singapore and cane them!

We have somewhat of an education program thru the Red Ribbion week. It's only once a year but I like to take advantage of being in the class room to introduce young kids to what truck driving is about. You would be surprised how much kids soak up in just 30-45 min.:punk: