SEFL | driver test and written test at southeastern tomm

dcaples7

TB Lurker
Credits
hello i would like to know what too expect. on the driver test and written test at southeastern im doing this tommorrow

I'll be doing the same thing Monday. Would really appreciate any input. Or to the original poster, what ended up being your experience?

I have 22 yrs LTL experience and just hired in 4 weeks ago.....the tests are General trucking knowledge.....dont sweat it....you know the answers

I'll give an update for anybody who may need to know in the future:

I went in Monday for the driving test and the written test. The driving test consisted of pretrip, road driving, and backing into the dock. The Lake Charles service center has VERY limited maneuvering room, so they focused on it a bit more. Then the written test was focused purely on driving regulations. So not too bad! But anyway I got the job. I start April 2nd!

I'll give an update for anybody who may need to know in the future:

I went in Monday for the driving test and the written test. The driving test consisted of pretrip, road driving, and backing into the dock. The Lake Charles service center has VERY limited maneuvering room, so they focused on it a bit more. Then the written test was focused purely on driving regulations. So not too bad! But anyway I got the job. I start April 2nd![/QUOTe

welcome aboard fastSVT. some advice to you. just do the best you can, but, don't let your dispatcher drive your truck, take your time. Don't volunteer for anything, be sure to take your lunch at a decent time, not at 5:00. if you don't think you can get your truck in the customers business, don't, make them come get it from the street or a dock pick up. I could go on and on but that should get you started. Just don't try to be the SEFL hero, will not get you anywhere but more work load. If you do the above, this will be the best company you have ever worked for.