Estes | Driver trainee program.

Tobias1

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone gone thru the trucking school program with Estes? I recently applied for a position and they called me back.

Hopefully this leads to eventual employment with the company but in the meantime (taking forever for the recruiter to get back to me I call her and leave a message every day had to resubmit my work history) was wondering where the school is located or if there is more than one and how long it takes to complete the program?

Thanks for any info in advanced.

Usually driver trainee program is for dockworkers who have been at Estes for 1 yr... Do you have a CDL? Traning is 2weeks paid, usually they draw employees from a region to a certain place for the region.

Usually driver trainee program is for dockworkers who have been at Estes for 1 yr... Do you have a CDL? Traning is 2weeks paid, usually they draw employees from a region to a certain place for the region.

Yes it’s a dock position where I’ll be expected to get my cdl within a year she said once a position opens up in their school.

The position on indeed was called dock-to driver.

I’ve worked on loading docks my whole life and drive a non cdl straight truck. There terminal is 10-12 minutes from my house and this is basically a golden opportunity for me.

They hired someone else:(. The recruiter I was dealing with was on vacation all last week. I should have called the main office and talked to another one to get things moving along. Sucks my paperwork sat around for a week while someone else prolly filled the position as she said they found another canadite.(assuming she was not only the only one working on this position not sure how things work on their end)

I’m applying for part time positions at xpo and Abf as dock worker to try and get my foot in the door.

I really would love to get paid cdl training without going thru one of these otr companies that seem to screw people over. Wish my credit wasn’t maxed with my mortgage I’d goto a private school.

Go to the actual terminal or call and try to talk to someone. Most the terminals are hurting for drivers so they might just bring you in through the dock and then put you into the program. I know my terminal is hiring 2 actual driver trainees but the process of doing the dock to driver is open to any of the dock workers/jockeys. Of course, depends how big your terminal is.

My terminal you have to work there three months before you can go through the program, they typically try to have you do some time as a jockey. School depends on your location but I know Columbus Ohio is our school.

After school you spend more time with a trainer (month or so) take your CDL test, more training then on own.

I do believe the program requires a 2 year commitment or you have to pay back like 5 grand or so. Just FYI.

Last edited: