Averitt | Driver

maynard58

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been hauling lowboy loads [dozer grader etc] for the last 20 yrs,eight years of Oilfield trucking before that, I have a class A lisc with a Hazmat. I have a perfect driving record no tickets for anything I have applied with Averitt and it seems that flatbed is what Im qualified for with training of course tarping etc, I know this means being gone for several days at a time and with those nice trucks dont think that would be so bad but I dont understand the process you deliver a load and then your sent to get a load to come back with ? your dispatch gives you an address to pick up a return load? t

That's pretty much it, van, flatbed etc, you will leave out in the beginning of the week, you will have an assignment with an address of where to pickup, any special instructions, and where to deliver it. When you deliver it, you will get another assignment with the same info and towards the end of the week they will start routing you back to your home terminal so you make it home on the weekends for a day or so. I don't know anything about the flatbed division, any special dedicated accounts, but I see that they are on the yards for the weekends just as the road trucks are. One of the advantages this company has for it's road drivers is that you are paid to go home, most companies don't pay you the out of route miles, AE wants their trucks parked at the terminals so they pay you the miles to go back if you are empty/loaded. As long as you were driving the past few years, you would be qualified for van or flatbed so choose either division, don't be steered to one that you don't want.