XPO | Drivers appreciation week

The reason we get paid more in Central is the issue of cost-of-living. Do you realize how much more it costs to live in NE than anywhere else in the USA??

If you dont agree with this, just research it a bit. The city I live in now is the 3rd highest cost of living per capita in USA. Boston I think is #1 and somewhere around Philly is #2.

So its not just for the hell of it that we get paid more.

Trust me the cost of living in the left coast is not any cheaprer than the east coast. I grew up in Connecticut and still go back there to visit family so I know its not cheap to live there but its not anymore expensive than the Peoples Republic of California:1036316054:

Frontal Labotomy

we had pizzia,s one night because the two top drivers are on lh and shamed the tm into it. the f/a kit is actually a complience kit.
they forgot the instructions, place the sisours firmly against your forehead get a run from across the room and run as fast as you can into it.now you are frontal labotimized and moldable to what they want.

I'd rather have a Bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy
Preferably Captain Morgan.....oh captain my captain!!

the first aid kits are a joke.i would like to have gotten a
1)flashlight
2)knife
3)multi propose tool
any one of these would have been at leased it would be some thing i could use every day.

Well From Dallas They Gave Us A Decent Week Of Appreciation. On Friday They Gave Us Two New Drivewrs Who Were Placed Out Of Service For Fighting. They Let A Thug And A Whiner Back Into Our Lives Again. What Happen To Zero Tolerance. So, Now We Can Shove Each Other In Anger And Nothing Will Happen. Nice To Know Our Company Is Looking After Their Workers Safety. Sure Will Be Intresting When Tempers Flair. Conway Opened The Door, And Now Let The Fights Begin.

The hours I work nothing was set aside for me. I did not see any appreciation at the terminal I work at. There may have been some but I did not see anything.

The reason we get paid more in Central is the issue of cost-of-living. Do you realize how much more it costs to live in NE than anywhere else in the USA.

Oh come on now! I just moved to the south and im not liking it to much. Just about everything costs more down here compared to what i was paying in ohio. With the cost of the heating bill i payed every year in the winter it might be about even. For example: I just bought 2 tires for wifes car. Cheapest i found, 76 bucks at walmart and i had to drive an hour away to get that deal. Same tires in ohio last year, I payed 53 bucks for.

Oh come on now! I just moved to the south and im not liking it to much. Just about everything costs more down here compared to what i was paying in ohio. With the cost of the heating bill i payed every year in the winter it might be about even. For example: I just bought 2 tires for wifes car. Cheapest i found, 76 bucks at walmart and i had to drive an hour away to get that deal. Same tires in ohio last year, I payed 53 bucks for.

Maybe we have better tires down here.:chairshot:

We had:
Monday: Assorted bagels, cream cheese and coffee.
Tuesday: Pizza
Wednesday: Wicked cookout
Thursday: Sub Sandwiches and Pizza
Friday: Wicked fresh cooked breakfast, orange juice and coffee.
TM and Operations manager cooked and catered to us all week through the heavy heavy freight levels we have been experiencing. (They took time to care)
We received a letter stating how much we drivers were an integral part of Browns success, now and into the future. It felt damn good to hear this from management and made me go above and beyond the call of duty as well as the rest of us.
....Thats what Brown did for us. :1036316054:

I really feel so sorry for the Con-way terminals that took the easy way out or did not provide their drivers with one day of intense labor from management (cook out)
This was a week for the drivers and management screwed most of you guys over.
Now that it's water under the bridge...ahem....loan :biglaugh: Just be appreciative that you got something.

Did anyone get any kind of speech stating how valuable you drivers are to the company or are they just trying to **** you guys off and make you quit seeing that CFI will be snagging some of your runs.

If it's any consolation. I appreciate everyone of you Con-way drivers from the newbie driver to the senior driver, from the slacker to the over achiever! I know whats it's like to peddle freight hard under the Nextel gun and work the dock, dispatch late for a linehaul run, drive a non air-conditioned truck in the blistering heat, as well as being micro-managed.
In fact I know darn well what a Con-way driver is and I do applaud you guys! :clap: :1036316054:

On friday, we were to have breakfast. but the DSR that does the cooking for us,( which is always great) thanks dude. was on call for possible berievment time. so we got hamburgs.and the crappy thing about it was that by the time that the l/h guys came in, nobody even cooked for them. OK lord martin was leaving, but where in the heck was the FOM? He should of had his butt in there taking over. And there is two o/b fos' who could of tried something. But what do I know. I'm just a dumb trucker!!!!

An how much are the tires in ohio this year?You think the price didn't go up in ohio?

Next time chechout discount tire dot com. Then take that price to local dealers, maybe they'll price match.

well it could be worse,, our fos a 12 yr vet of cse is now being told after 12yrs atccx they can't find or will not reconize his service at cse so he can't retire!
they also screw there own...
not as much as the dsr's

Next time chechout discount tire dot com. Then take that price to local dealers, maybe they'll price match.

There is a discount tire here and there cheapest tire for our car is 114 a tire. I aint paying that! It isnt a sports car. Its a freakin Aztek! And no, tire prices dont go up in the summer in ohio. They go up in the winter but not that much.

There is a discount tire here and there cheapest tire for our car is 114 a tire. I aint paying that! It isnt a sports car. Its a freakin Aztek! And no, tire prices dont go up in the summer in ohio. They go up in the winter but not that much.

Aztek,some one did by that thing:hysterical: :hysterical: