ODFL | drivers bidding runs l/h p/d

i would not think city runs would be bid but assigned by Mgr or dispatch to the person who is best qualified.linehaul would bid for the runs based upon seniority not to mention a change of sights and sounds from time to time.

Same goes here as dmtorl described. Though if a P/D driver wants change, has the senority and is a effecient worker, he can have a new bid when desired.

city vs. linehaul

i would not think city runs would be bid but assigned by Mgr or dispatch to the person who is best qualified.linehaul would bid for the runs based upon seniority not to mention a change of sights and sounds from time to time.

when i got out of school i drove in the city and went through a "bid". what happend in columbus was by senority. the best routes was not as important as the start times. so all the good a.m. start time where snatched up by senority!

Same goes here as dmtorl described. Though if a P/D driver wants change, has the senority and is a effecient worker, he can have a new bid when desired.

Huh??

No new bids here, you bid it's yours until the bid comes around again seniority or not. If you come off a bid you go to the extra board.

City is completely seperate and I don't know how or who decides who runs what. If you are city and want to go to linehaul you go to the bottom of the board, your seniority only counts for benefits.

when i got out of school i drove in the city and went through a "bid". what happend in columbus was by senority. the best routes was not as important as the start times. so all the good a.m. start time where snatched up by senority!

Welcome to the forum chopperguy58.