Central Transport | Drivers breakroom and restroom duties

I like your old avatar better , but would a train that looked like the old avatar be willing to scub $H!TTER$ at Vitran? It is not april fools day yet Train, is this a serious post cause I have heard nothing about this up north.
This is no joke stunman.....They are dead serious about this and we are preparing our strategy for this blatant abuse of power. Me and my co-workers in Dallas are at a total loss. Who in the world thought this would be a good idea? Did it come from the TM ? He's on vacation so nobody can ask him. This is a long way from over so rest assured we are all over this issue and I will keep you posted on how it plays out. If they are going to stand their ground and not back down from this it won't be pretty in Texas. It has got under my skin a little bit, but some guys are totally outraged. I try to look at it from both sides. I understand what they are trying to do but they are going about it in the wrong way...Some guys are pigs and need to pickup after themselves but to make us do it is crazy. In theory it would make us police the slobs.....But is that our job? Their mindset just seems to be lets just pass the buck to the driver. The toilet situation is a bit more complex. Some guys simply will not do it....Me being one of them. If it means I will get terminated for refusing to do it then so be it. Like I said before I don't think I'm to good to clean toilets, but at my home and after my children. ( If my son pisses on the toilet seat my wife rips him a new one) I know better than to mess with my wife because she will get in that azz. But this is family....And I don't consider some of the slobs we work with family.

This is no joke stunman.....They are dead serious about this and we are preparing our strategy for this blatant abuse of power. Me and my co-workers in Dallas are at a total loss. Who in the world thought this would be a good idea? Did it come from the TM ? He's on vacation so nobody can ask him. This is a long way from over so rest assured we are all over this issue and I will keep you posted on how it plays out. If they are going to stand their ground and not back down from this it won't be pretty in Texas. It has got under my skin a little bit, but some guys are totally outraged. I try to look at it from both sides. I understand what they are trying to do but they are going about it in the wrong way...Some guys are pigs and need to pickup after themselves but to make us do it is crazy. In theory it would make us police the slobs.....But is that our job? Their mindset just seems to be lets just pass the buck to the driver. The toilet situation is a bit more complex. Some guys simply will not do it....Me being one of them. If it means I will get terminated for refusing to do it then so be it. Like I said before I don't think I'm to good to clean toilets, but at my home and after my children. ( If my son pisses on the toilet seat my wife rips him a new one) I know better than to mess with my wife because she will get in that azz. But this is family....And I don't consider some of the slobs we work with family.

I like your new avatar but you must go back to the smiling train, this squirrel just ain't you bro. In regards to " if my son pisses on the toilet seat", back when I was young my momma made me clean up my own ****. She said , "sit you butt down on the seat till you can learn how to aim your grissle missle cause momma ain't cleanin up your mess".

Hope this is a local issue brought on by your manager cause I am neat and tiddy and will not clean up after slobs that throw chewing gum in a urinal.

Maybe? Cleaning service DROPPED you?

Tell me to be a janitor, first thing I would ask for your is State's Health Department Rules and Regulations concerning proper restroom cleaning procedures and controlling airborne pathogens, the OSHA manual on controlling pathogens, and while you are at it ask that both provide you with communication on controlling communicable diseases, and finally a written guidebook from Vitran since this is not what you were hired for so, you want to make sure and do it safe for yourself and co-workers. If they provide that, then see that you have elbow length gloves, ankle length waterproof apron, surgery type booties, and a full face mask not only to protect your eyes but to make sure nothing splashes into your nose or mouth.

That should keep them busy for a while while i think up some other things............

Agreeing with Train, I am not above this either, but just like my tractor, why the HELL should I have to pick up after the pigs! Can't tell you how many here take a dump, don't flush, and walk out of the restroom without washing. After i wash, i use the paper to open the door, real loss in manners anymore

Think positive, clean the toilets now and CK will give you a little extra on your raises coming April 1st !!!
:6799:
HA HA I GET IT!!!!! good one Junk Yard Dog!!! :clapping:

It was made quite clear that when your turn rolls around and you refuse you will be written up and could be terminated for insubordination.

If you got time to lean (stand around and jack your jaws) you got time to clean.

Everyboby benefits if EVERYONE pitches in and does their part to help maintain sanitary conditions. Naturally, when any restroom facility has been neglected for so long, nobody wants to clean up after pigs.

If you got time to lean (stand around and jack your jaws) you got time to clean.
Not taking the bait LM....I know your trying to get me going....Anyway it's getting heated now and they are reconsidering things....We ask the night time supervisors if they would be cleaning too and they said no because they use the restroom in the front office next to the womens. But we always see them going in our restroom all the time because it is in the breakroom. I think they will back down... But if they don't fine I don't care because I will not stick my hand in those toilets.....And thats a fact. The TM won't have a easy Monday this coming week and thats a fact also....Hope he enjoyed his vacation....The 33 year old puppy will have his hands full. Anyway I will keep you posted but its now over to the thread you can't fix stupid because this one you need a update on.

Not taking the bait LM....I know your trying to get me going....Anyway it's getting heated now and they are reconsidering things....We ask the night time supervisors if they would be cleaning too and they said no because they use the restroom in the front office next to the womens. But we always see them going in our restroom all the time because it is in the breakroom. I think they will back down... But if they don't fine I don't care because I will not stick my hand in those toilets.....And thats a fact. The TM won't have a easy Monday this coming week and thats a fact also....Hope he enjoyed his vacation....The 33 year old puppy will have his hands full. Anyway I will keep you posted but its now over to the thread you can't fix stupid because this one you need a update on.
And BTW .....NW we have already contacted the State

we do,they are called trailers and parking lots lol
Vitran had breakroom and restroom remodeled at new location when they moved my center. Never have had a janitorial service. Whoever finishes loading outbound in the morning sweeps up the dock, empties trash and cleans restrooms. Have not yet gotten to the point of rotating cleaning schedules. I do not think that it is UNFAIR for everyone (office staff included) to share in restroom sanitizing and replenishing! I find it sad that grown men and women have such little respect for the next employee who uses restroom. They spit gum in urinals with a trash can right there, or stand to urinate in the commode with the lid down with urinal next to them. They will not even wipe up the sink after themselves or replace paper towels or toilet tissue roll when dispenser is empty. Talk about leaving a guy "hanging"! When he does his business and only then realizes the tissue dispenser is empty. If everyone would wipe up after themselves and maintain restrooms, this would not be such an issue. Right now, we have much bigger fish to fry. Management could solve the restroom cleaning schedules very easy. Just lock them up and have Porta-Johns set out at the back of the lot. Problem solved!!!

i thought the terminals were tobacco free?

not at my place, TM got people to stop smoking in trucks, moved smoking butt can from front door to edge of parking lot (where most of office and dock run back and forth for a smoke break whenever they want, NOT just on breaks), but people still chew during safety meetings (and spit into soda bottles while TM talks) spit in urinals, front and rear entrances, dock floor, and even in trailers.

Lets talk about something positive.Like our raises were getting April 1st.Rumor is we're getting the other .06 of a Penney. Has anybody else heard anything ?