Yellow | Driver's have the power

It sure must suck to need the help of 26,000 angry teamster members that you have been sticking it to hard and dry for ten years straight! I can't see into the future but I do not think the odds of the 26,000 voting to being bent over for another five years has real good odds of passing? But stranger things have happened! I swear if I hear one guy say he voted yes because he was afraid he might miss the payment on his fifty thousand dollar pick up truck or boat I might become a violent man! It's going to be an exciting 2019!

It sure must suck to need the help of 26,000 angry teamster members that you have been sticking it to hard and dry for ten years straight! I can't see into the future but I do not think the odds of the 26,000 voting to being bent over for another five years has real good odds of passing? But stranger things have happened! I swear if I hear one guy say he voted yes because he was afraid he might miss the payment on his fifty thousand dollar pick up truck or boat I might become a violent man! It's going to be an exciting 2019!
26000?
Be lucky if 6000 vote.
That's.
The problem.
Apathy and ignorance.
Not truck payments.
Sorry.
You did make good points.

The present administration in Washington , Senate and Congress has a plan to fix the driver shortage problem is to lower the age for a CDL to 18 . Now ya can work besides your son or worse your grandson . This is what deregulation brought us .
Republicans really screwed company Truck Drivers with their new tax law no more deductions for meals and unreimbursed expenses all you get now is the standard deduction shame on them both parties suck no one you can vote for.

Politicians as a whole have messed everything up.
I'm not this or that. I do not like any politicians.
But like this company (never gonna happen) needs to get back to basics.
They have actually made it into rocket science.
They've made something fairly simple into something that shouldn't be.
(wrong forum... Sorry)
I'm gonna get ::shit:: on this so I'm gonna go hide somewhere......
:17142:

Republicans really screwed company Truck Drivers with their new tax law no more deductions for meals and unreimbursed expenses all you get now is the standard deduction shame on them both parties suck no one you can vote for.
They only screwed the road drivers, the bids drivers will be smiling all the way to the bank along with the city guys. My understanding from a couple guys that talked to their tax guys about it is that the road guys should actually break about even depending on how hard of a charger you are. They did double the standard deduction trying to make taxes a whole lot easier, I don't know if it will be but the idea of being easier is a good one!

They only screwed the road drivers, the bids drivers will be smiling all the way to the bank along with the city guys. My understanding from a couple guys that talked to their tax guys about it is that the road guys should actually break about even depending on how hard of a charger you are. They did double the standard deduction trying to make taxes a whole lot easier, I don't know if it will be but the idea of being easier is a good one!

we are getting screwed big time my tax lady said my return will go from $7000 to around $3000 took away the only perk of being a truck driver.

I take zero deductions and get zero back. Maybe a few hundred either way.
But I found that to be the best for us (wife and I) personally.
Even when I could use my kids as deductions I didn't. But I never got a huge tax return. Never. But that may change in the short time I have left to work there.
May be shorter than I plan. April is coming up fast.
But I do agree if someone is getting thousands back in returns it's time to adjust.
I would never rely on a tax return. I put 8% in the 401. Barely bumps my check back.
Only good thing I see in a 401. My opinion only. Any profits made go to pay the 20 % tax they take. And more when you add that to your yearly income.
What it boils down to is that the money you actually put in there tax free is that you get it back tax free if you've made enough profit.
I know it's better to take it out as a monthly check if you retire to supplement your retirement income. (which is what we are going to do) But if you take a chunk out you get hit. Hard. I've had to do it.
But I came out ahead because the profits paid the taxes.

OK. Thinking too much here. Time to zone out on some college FB or Flix!
(I'm sure opinions will follow. But it's just my opinion on 401's)

Wayyyyyyh:off topic:

The standard deduction is 80% of $63. What am I missing here?
New tax laws and doubling of the standard deduction eliminated the per diem deduction as of this year. There is something that owner operators can do to get around this I think? Being a company man just take the increased standard deduction and hope for the best! Kind of gives you one more reason to take a bid!

Company Drivers, or Employees of Trucking Companies
As previously mentioned. One part of the new tax bill approved in December of 2017 was the elimination of the Miscellaneous Itemized Deduction category. Things that fall in this category include unreimbursed employee expenses (see below), tax preparation fees, investment interest, etc. Note, the "unreimbursed employee expenses" include union dues, job education, certain uniforms, and TRAVEL.

For tax years beginning before 1/1/18, the IRS has allowed DOT transportation workers to take a per diem deduction for the days that they travel for work. Basically this means that drivers were allowed a small amount of tax-free money each day to help offset the increased living expenses incurred because of the nature of being on the road. However, beginning 1/1/18, this category of deduction has been eliminated.