ADuiePyle | drivers hours explode

ppt1047

TB Lurker
Credits
How many hours are you getting now that the dock workers are gone and the drivers are working the dock.

Heard that some p&d drivers are getting 14 hours a day.

Under the Insurance Guidelines, driving a forklift Requires Industry Certifications as an Operator. If you've ever Delivered to any Wal-Mart, you know exactly what I mean.

If the Forklifts are being driven by Un-Certified Operators, the company Worker Comp. Insurance is through the roof.

If Drivers are fingerprinting freight, they must be pretty desperate.

A Former Shipping Manager, and, Alterman Load Boss

Many years ago, far far away, in another life:

I personally Witnessed, in Miami, a forklift come off a dock backwards.

Seeing people come up on the dock, too far away to really see what had happened, I get out of the truck and walk over.

The forklift had hit on it's counterweight, and rolled over onto the operator, folding his body over and crushing his head, where the headache rack wasn't attached.

Drivers Are complaining

How many hours are you getting now that the dock workers are gone and the drivers are working the dock.

Heard that some p&d drivers are getting 14 hours a day.

Yeah they are getting 14 hours a day but some are complaing about it. They can't make all their deliveries and pickups. They also think when things get better Pyle will bring back the dock workers.... Boy are they in for a surprise, The days of having dock workers load and unload the trucks are gone forever.