Estes | Drivers mistreated

You dont get the point I was making. If I were waiting only 4 hours a day, everyday it wouldn't be bad. I am refering to waiting a total of 19 to 24 at a time in one location. Thats the safety issue I am talking about. I was asking a simple question in my post. If you cant offer a constructive answer, then dont even bother saying anything. If I ever see you face to face then I will tell you exactly what I think of your smart comments as well.

You dont get the point I was making. If I were waiting only 4 hours a day, everyday it wouldn't be bad. I am refering to waiting a total of 19 to 24 at a time in one location. Thats the safety issue I am talking about. I was asking a simple question in my post. If you cant offer a constructive answer, then dont even bother saying anything. If I ever see you face to face then I will tell you exactly what I think of your smart comments as well.

Well I am one that totally agrees with you. Some guys just don't get it.
When I started here this company seemed to me very efficient and we were moving most of the time.
Don't know if haulin mostly 53's had something to do with it?
I don't know like the other fellow said the door swings open.
Thats about all I can do, the wifes and kids are not likin me gone till Sunday's when I should be home Saturdays.
Family comes first for me, so the door is ready to be opened and slammed shut on Estes.

then i must and will agree that 9-14hrs after break is not safe and it has happened to me on several occations if you are dealing with local dispatch then what i have done is contact central sometime using both is a benefit also the time you start your week say on sunday could be a problem earlier start on friday puts your availablity too early. try starting later on sunday if you can also flexablity on where you go always helps so don't be so hot headed :Flame-On: about what i was saying i was not the only one that commented on the "4hrs a day" issue. and i am not too hard to find and i will be going to alabama i am sure and just for the record my handle is STARGAZER you don't have to put mr. with it:notworthy: unless it is truely sent

Hey I know you! CB Rambo right? :smilie_132:

im with ya stargazer. I'm fat and love to sleep so it works out. and if you run in certian areas i know to wait a few hours before i go to bed... dallas, if you are comming off your 10 hour break lets say at 1500 hours i would go ahead and count on 2200 hours is when you can even think of leaving. but if you have the same thing happen in nashville. go to bed because they usually have you back out.
i know it sounds weird to have to .....plan ahead.

kinda hard to find out who pathfinder is ...........73929 hummmmm
all that wait time he gets i bet he don't have a chain rack on that dude either. o wait ....u don't go west either.
have to be home every weekend also right ???
see where i'm goin ??
if things are tough maybe you pathfinder have to ask yourself "am i doing whatever it takes to earn a paycheck"???
doubt it.

I have no problem with a driver venting on these forums . After all isn't that what they are for ? Alot of guys feel like they are getting the short end while some pile on the gravy , but thats just the way it has and always will be. If you got it good then you probably take offense to a driver venting here , why would anyone have a reason to be upset? And if I flame a driver that has an issue doesnt that put me in the good graces of management? As seen in the last round of layoffs alot of good people were unceremoniously thrown out on their butts and more may be coming . We are all numbers on a sheet a "resource " if you will.
So if a driver has something to say let him talk ,it may be you that gets it next. Its time I should get quiet now, I go crawl back under my rock .

your right runninwild its just as you see a lot of guys say they are gettin the screw and you hear them talkin to dispatch "no i wont go there or do that" and wonder why they sit but guys do have a place to vent and sorry if i came across as not letting one do so

A real mistreatment is not getting paid for breakdowns from the time of breakdown to getting going again. If we are responsible for the truck then we should be paid for that time. P&D drivers get it so why doesn't linehaul?

I lost 23 hours so far this week over and above my normal breaks.

You dont get the point I was making. If I were waiting only 4 hours a day, everyday it wouldn't be bad. I am refering to waiting a total of 19 to 24 at a time in one location. Thats the safety issue I am talking about. QUOTE]

First you see how you didnt clarify your statement on your first post.
Second A SAFETY ISSUE? If I ever feel unsafe I would not drive. I would have told dispatch that I would require further rest for whatever reason and do what I needed to do.
I wonder how much time you are getting delayed like this? I would say go look in your log book for delay if this is happening all the time then why are you still here? Maybe you made someone mad I do not know. The extra board drivers I know very rarely sit like that.
And about the threat are you such a coward? You want to threaten someone then post your info so they know who you are or PM them. This is a forum to discuss things and you are going to get many view points so get used to it.

your right runninwild its just as you see a lot of guys say they are gettin the screw and you hear them talkin to dispatch "no i wont go there or do that" and wonder why they sit but guys do have a place to vent and sorry if i came across as not letting one do so

I see that alot too, I know even hard chargers are setting more than usual right now, but some guys do thier self in by turning down hooks that don't go were they want.
When I was on E/B I took what they gave and hammered down without a word and they ran the socks off me.
But to say to dispatch "I don't go north" or something like that and then complain of low miles and high wait time now is crazy.
Like my old papaw used to say, "Ya gotta make hay while the sun shines."

A real mistreatment is not getting paid for breakdowns from the time of breakdown to getting going again. If we are responsible for the truck then we should be paid for that time. P&D drivers get it so why doesn't linehaul?
WHOA, don't go draggin P&D into this mess, we're on the clock. You do have a valid point and should be compensated providing it was/is beyond your control

I got compensated for my break down. I recieved a $2.40 for the 4 1/2 hours I waited in sunny south Florida. I spent over $10 on my cheesburger and 2 miller lites while I waited. It sure was tuff. I don't know how I made it. :shades: