Estes | Drivers mistreated

at least your at a motel waiting i've been at home since sunday waiting for work

Hopefully things will get better soon. I feel everone's pain. I know i'm a little guilty of painting a blue sky. I aint doing much either. The scary thing is. No one has ever seen it this bad and no one can say when or if it will ever get better. Welcome to the board by the way.

Hopefully things will get better soon. I feel everone's pain. I know i'm a little guilty of painting a blue sky. I aint doing much either. The scary thing is. No one has ever seen it this bad and no one can say when or if it will ever get better. Welcome to the board by the way.

I'm hoping for a jump in bill count in March but I don't think it's gonna do much till then. Feb. is always a slow month even when the economy is good.

I'm hoping for a jump in bill count in March but I don't think it's gonna do much till then. Feb. is always a slow month even when the economy is good.

Yea! I see folks losing their jobs and you really can't blame the company. Theirs just not much to do. Instead of having people sit at home all week. They layoff. At least that way you can get an unemployment slip. It really isn't fair the way they do it. I think it just makes the paperwork easier. We have local guys that haven't been with the company a year yet and they let go some road folks at our term. with 4 years seniority. If they done things the right way they would have to train the road drivers how to do the p&d job. I see some road drivers that look like they couldn't lift a pincil. Some p&d guys would have to hit the road that never been away from mommy and that would be another issue. I'm just thinking out loud. There's going to be more layoff's by the way. It's not worth losing sleep over it cause theirs nothing we can do about it. It will probably hit some senior folks this time.

your right runninwild its just as you see a lot of guys say they are gettin the screw and you hear them talkin to dispatch "no i wont go there or do that" and wonder why they sit but guys do have a place to vent and sorry if i came across as not letting one do so

Boy I bet they just love you!!!!!!!

I see that alot too, I know even hard chargers are setting more than usual right now, but some guys do thier self in by turning down hooks that don't go were they want.
When I was on E/B I took what they gave and hammered down without a word and they ran the socks off me.
But to say to dispatch "I don't go north" or something like that and then complain of low miles and high wait time now is crazy.
Like my old papaw used to say, "Ya gotta make hay while the sun shines."

This guy sounds like Junior Johnson JR.

This guy sounds like Junior Johnson JR.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:Now that is some funny schtuff... Hey Jr.. "you're working for the best!" HAHAHAHAHA Like anyone in Richmond could care less about any one of us. Unless, you actually work in Richmond. I'm with both sides on this. The problem is, the system they "have in place" is total crap. There are drivers that have still been out for weeks. EB guys running 4+ weeks at a shot.. ask a guy from Syracuse..ehem EB drivers are all supposed to be home Sat nights no excuses. Sundays are call in days. right? I also think that if you've got a bid..and there are EB guys sitting at a terminal needing to go a certain direction, the company should send the EB driver empty and the bid man with the freight. After all its not a bid drivers fault Central ran them in, is it? Seniority should mean something, right? So if you've got seniority enough to hold a bid, you should be able to run your run every night. Unless there is actually no freight. Stupidity isn't an excuse for shorting someones check. This place is becoming laughable at best on all fronts. Is it time for a stand?? Remember the Alamo perhaps?:duh:

I also think that if you've got a bid..and there are EB guys sitting at a terminal needing to go a certain direction, the company should send the EB driver empty and the bid man with the freight. After all its not a bid drivers fault Central ran them in, is it? Seniority should mean something, right? So if you've got seniority enough to hold a bid, you should be able to run your run every night. Unless there is actually no freight

That's the way we do it at my barn, the ONLY time a schedule sets home out my term. is if there is no freight on his run.
And the only time a E/B runs a schedule is if the bid driver takes off for personal or vacation days.

Hey Jr.. "you're working for the best!"

I know your being sarcastic, but I do think I'm working for one of the best in the biz.
I've seen alot on the road over the years, and no company is perfect but niether am I so that kinda works out even I reckon.
A job to a great extent is what YOU make out of it, I thank God I drive for the big E. I'm very satisfied with what I do and who I work for...:1036316054: