SAIA | Drivers must be hard to come by

evenkeel

TB Lurker
Credits
Here in T-Town (also known as Tulsa) there was a Saia ad in the Sunday paper (6-1-14) offering a 3000.00 sign on bonus for city and linehaul.

Here in T-Town (also known as Tulsa) there was a Saia ad in the Sunday paper (6-1-14) offering a 3000.00 sign on bonus for city and linehaul.

Hope that sort of thing spreads through the trucking industry. That is the kind of thing that makes wages go up...

Well you know everything is bigger in Texas ..... $ 5000.00 Hire on Bonus.. :shift:

Local Truck Driver – Home Every Night!

$5,000 Sign On Bonus!!

Start at $19.92 per hour with 1 year P&D experience!

Odessa, Beaumont, Victoria, and Corpus Christi

Probably will take 3-5 years to get the full bonus too.

He's right, it only takes 6 months to receive the full bonus, because I received 2000.00 within 6 months after being hired, that was the bonus at time of hire for me.

Also, it only takes 6 months to top out if you hire on with ltl experience, I've been here almost 8 months and am at top pay.

Man I'm feeling left out.......Just hired on in Dallas...........No hiring bonus at least for me and I have been doing LTL awhile............Starting pay....19.13............6 months 19.87.........1 year 21.11.............18 months 22.91..............These are facts as of today in Dallas.............You would think it would be the same thru out the State of Texas.......Whatever? I'm still happy.

Also, it only takes 6 months to top out if you hire on with ltl experience, I've been here almost 8 months and am at top pay.
If you say so but that appears to be a little unfair to some of the others with LTL experience that don't top out after 8 months...........I guess the Dallas and Garland locations run differently.

If you say so but that appears to be a little unfair to some of the others with LTL experience that don't top out after 8 months...........I guess the Dallas and Garland locations run differently.
The way it was explained to me is, if you hired on with LTL experience (8Yrs) you hired at the 12 month rate to begin with, so it only took 6months to reach the 18 month top out rate.

I would also point out that I had to ask my terminal manager why I was not topped out when I was supposed to be and he had to call corporate and get it straightened out and they ended up paying me back pay, so you might want to inquire about this policy, because I bet it is company wide and their just not aware.