Drivers need not apply.

Getting a signing bonus is often associated with top young athletes. Now, taking a job driving a chemical truck in the U.S. can earn you a signing bonus of as much as $5,000 -- and then there are also recruiting bonuses, retention bonuses and safety bonuses.
Bonuses, bonuses, bonuses wooo hoooo.:wee:

So go ahead and take that $5,000 signing bonus to drive a chemical truck, if you are so inclined. Just don't spend it -- except maybe on classes to learn how to do something other than drive a chemical truck.
- - - -
Problem with the "sign on bonus" as well "retention bonus" and "safety bonus" is that they are doled out over a specified timeline so "saving any for another use" is nearly impossible unless one has nearly ZERO living expenses.

There are countless ONLINE CLASSES to learn about MANY POTENTIALITIES of working ONLINE as, say, from home, with no commute, which might not interest some Truckers.

Don't worry. They will start you out at a lower wage to start, then pay you the 5000 in small increments, like Cer said, over time. Which will translate into what you would have made starting at full wages from the beginning. So in reality, they gave you nothing, and used the bait money for themselves until they were sure you were stating at least a few years. All gimmicks.

I heard BRG gave Wong a "Don't screw up" bonus.
BRG is still earning interest on that bonus money...

I heard BRG gave Wong a "Don't screw up" bonus.
BRG is still earning interest on that bonus money...
Actually my partner just earned the CRSTree, excellence award, and was rewarded with a 10' artificial Xmas tree!!!!

Don't forget those military bonuses that now have to be paid back. It's just a matter of time before corporate america picks up on this.