R&L | Drivers put on Notice

driver9

TB Lurker
Credits
Friday the company put the Wilmington drivers on notice with a written statement. They have to be out of the yard no more than 20 minutes after their start time. Just another example of how they are going to reduce the amount of R&L drivers and hire outside. The long range plan is to reduce the R&L workforce, use employees from one of the other 40+ plus companies paying less hourly and those employees will be paying double for benefits.

Line Haul drivers if you wait on dispatch contact Wage and Hour board to be paid or contact DOT.

(See my previous post on 5/28 under "Roberts Gave Out Raises".... I told about the sit time and pay due... By 5/29 Drivers put on notice.... Trust in what I say....)

Seems to be contrary to what they are doing up here.We have about 6 new hires.If they were trying to cut the workforce why would they hire?Unless Wilmington has become bloated with too many drivers.

Tried that in LSV

Friday the company put the Wilmington drivers on notice with a written statement. They have to be out of the yard no more than 20 minutes after their start time. Just another example of how they are going to reduce the amount of R&L drivers and hire outside. The long range plan is to reduce the R&L workforce, use employees from one of the other 40+ plus companies paying less hourly and those employees will be paying double for benefits.

Line Haul drivers if you wait on dispatch contact Wage and Hour board to be paid or contact DOT.

(See my previous post on 5/28 under "Roberts Gave Out Raises".... I told about the sit time and pay due... By 5/29 Drivers put on notice.... Trust in what I say....)

We pulled the TM into a meeting. And informed him we could not clock in get to are truck do a pre tirp go hook up. Go up on the dock put are pallet jack in closed the door. Walk to dispatch get are bills. Walk back to the truck. And get out the gate in 20 mins. If this was set in stone we would have to contact DOT. That we were cutting out are pre trip due to compay pressure. He also put us on a 20min out once we came in the gate. So we stop fuel the truck and cut out the post trip. And put are bills in without doing the follow up paper work. So the line hualers got pissed about the fuel. So that crap went out with the trash. But then we have so much freight now we don't get out of the yard till 10 and 11 sitting on the clock. ABQ is always late. And LAX is staring to be late. Becuase we are getting in out to them late. I am last out most day's. With 15-19 stops departed the yard most of the time 1030-1100. I clock in at 9. On Monday we start at eight and I will get out around 10am. I never understand why. The Freight is on the dock and in the lane.:gathering:

This is nothing new. When I ran p&d we were always told we had 20 minutes to roll out the gate. That was more then 4 years ago.

I don't have a problem with getting out in 20 minutes morning or evening... Just tired of being called in for an early start and waiting for 30-40 minutes for my paperwork and than told that I gotta pick up my pace and get my stops per hour ratio up. It's been OK lately but the freight should be ready to go on a Monday morning...there should be no excuses. After all the driver aren't allowed to make any excuses for anything.

I can not meet the legal 15 min pre trip and get trailer hooked up and pre trip the trailer. Get the bills put the pallet jack in. Get back in the truck, Screw them. If I got fired for doing in the correct way. So be it. I would see them in court. There is no way they can force you to do this. They droped that BS in are Term. We just have to do what ever we can to save time. If are trailer is not ready we spot the freight after we hook up. But I have never clocked in and roll out before 45min after clocking in.

It's just that us drivers are doing such an excellent job delivering freight and picking it up that there have been no issues for the suits to worry about. They need to create problems and try to fix them to justify their positions still being needed by the company. Truth is we can do better with less supervisors and the people thinking up this stupid crap are probably worried about their jobs being eliminated, most of them probably never seen the inside of a truck. Next week it will be something more ridiculous,besides all that I wanna know who's truck is ever loaded at their start time anyway,even being pushed back an hour everyday, my load is never ready!!!

If my trailer is ready at my start time I told my TM a long time ago that I take a half hour to 40 Min's to properly check my truck and that includes, when possible going through and matching every bill to every piece of freight so that I can reduce the amount of time I have to call in for exceptions.He doesn't have a problem with it because I get my work done but he does give others a hard time about it.

We have a new TM. He seem to guy that has been around a long time. He ran the Yellow Tem in LSV. He told us Yellow at one time in LSV was doing 400+ bills a day. So he said we should be able to handle 140+ bills a day. I told him if we get an inbound sup that stay's on the docks ***. They stop ever time they are near the mens room to smoke. And why in hell do all them take a break at the same time.

good guy

Another yellow person..... The Company is busting at the seams with them....

Well, I would want to have jaguar95's TM any day of the week. I know him and he is a class act. My bet is you see some amazing things from jaguar95's terminal.....as long as someone above him doesn't try to micro manage it into the ground.

So far a ok

Well, I would want to have jaguar95's TM any day of the week. I know him and he is a class act. My bet is you see some amazing things from jaguar95's terminal.....as long as someone above him doesn't try to micro manage it into the ground.
He peeks his head into the drivers room to say everyday. Nothing more. So far all the guy's just say hi. Toss a joke his way. But we have not gone after him with Compay Biz. Unless we have a meeting. We are just leting him do his thing. We all know his back ground. So we are not *****ing at him. He see what needs to  changed. And we know it will not happen in one week. He has the TM from Salt Lake working with him for I believe it is two weeks. But I sated before. Not one Yellow driver that I talk to who worked for him or knows him has only had good to say. You should have one guy say something bad about a person. Not ED.:thumbsup:

That's funny driver my memo said 20mins after we get our bills not after our start time. I'm not sure about you but I know some people have already approached Dave about this not being remotely possible.

I would expect most to see it for what it actually is. A bit of a kick in the arse for some. You know dang well that there are plenty of drivers that get their bills and still spend 20-30 mins just standing around BSing and then complain because they can't get their stops off, or look and see that they have 15-18 stops and don't get moving instead they want to stand and **** and moan about it. Or on fridays they get an extra 4-5 doughnuts and a cup of coffee.

Since that memo came out I haven't changed my routine one bit and it always takes about 40 mins to get out of the gat after I get my bills. Nothing has been said to me and I don't expect anything to be said. Bottom line I, like everyone else, busts my *** when I'm in that truck do get everything done and anything extra I can. This notice is just to try and get somepeople to stop the excessive waste of time.

Old tm was a joke

That's funny driver my memo said 20mins after we get our bills not after our start time. I'm not sure about you but I know some people have already approached Dave about this not being remotely possible.

I would expect most to see it for what it actually is. A bit of a kick in the arse for some. You know dang well that there are plenty of drivers that get their bills and still spend 20-30 mins just standing around BSing and then complain because they can't get their stops off, or look and see that they have 15-18 stops and don't get moving instead they want to stand and **** and moan about it. Or on fridays they get an extra 4-5 doughnuts and a cup of coffee.

Since that memo came out I haven't changed my routine one bit and it always takes about 40 mins to get out of the gat after I get my bills. Nothing has been said to me and I don't expect anything to be said. Bottom line I, like everyone else, busts my *** when I'm in that truck do get everything done and anything extra I can. This notice is just to try and get somepeople to stop the excessive waste of time.

We never seen a Memo on this. He the Old TM just came at us with it. And his word was 20min from start time. So when we asked him what was the the time a pre tirp took under the law. He said he had no Idea. So I being a smart *** said maybe you should read up on what a driver is to due. Then maybe some of them won't BS you.

good job

Stick up for yourself and draw a line in the sand. They (management) are coming after us (I am a u guy.) I have not seen the likes of the fight in these managers eyes in the ten years I have been trucking. I'm not here to preach .... Keep what you have. Do not let them take anything from you. I may be out of a job soon (YRC) but that does not mean I am a quitter...nor should you be.

Within the years of driving, I have always tried to get out as quickly as possible. the quicker I hit the streets the quicker I am able to be back home with my family. Besides helping the company in this time of economics, it helps trying to beat the traffic going out and back in. Although while sometimes a little tight, in getting everything done in that time frame, The company understands and with the right reason, such as pre-triping ect, they aren't clock watchers as far as my concern. I am just thank you for my family and myself in keeping my job with a still growing company. Gotta, hit the road, its another fantastic day.

lets see i think we all drive a truck dont know about some of you guys but i been around this industry all of my life and believe me if all you wait is 20 or 30 minutes for your loads or paper work be happy

waiting is part of this type of job

quit winning or find a 9 to 5 job every trucking job out there u wait for something