XPO | Drivers rights : Refusal to drive in severe weather.

We see these top notch driving skills every day VP. Following too close, unnecessary lane changes, no turn signals. Pathetic to say the least.
Although I hate to dog the drivers in this video since I wasn't there to see the conditions, but you can bet that it should have and could have been avoided with proper spacing.
Kudos to the R & L Driver, he kept his unit under control and got stopped.

Thx for the article research Hanalad. Thought for sure that there'd be some fatalities there for sure in this one. How dumb could these guys have been that just didn't slow down and drove right into that mess like sheep going to the slaughter...one after another, after another, ad infinitum. I mean it was not like the sun was shining, their view was unobstructed, the roads dry, and everything was just another day at the office? Dumb, Dumb, Dumb!!! :scratchhead:
Hope you don't mind me chiming in here. The trucks you see running into each other are at the bottom of a hill. The fog was very thick and you really couldn't tell you where picking up speed. It was about 25° out that day so the fog created ice on the road. It really was the perfect storm for this to happen. I run that section every night and ran thru there about an hour before this started. You could have been going 20mph right there and still got tangled up. The guys with radio's got stopped, the others weren't as fortunate. No fatalities in this pile up but 80 was shut down for 2 days. 20 minutes after it opened a similar wreck happened just outside of Laramie. One fatality and the driver that caused it was charged with vehicular homicide.

Hope you don't mind me chiming in here. The trucks you see running into each other are at the bottom of a hill. The fog was very thick and you really couldn't tell you where picking up speed. It was about 25° out that day so the fog created ice on the road. It really was the perfect storm for this to happen. I run that section every night and ran thru there about an hour before this started. You could have been going 20mph right there and still got tangled up. The guys with radio's got stopped, the others weren't as fortunate. No fatalities in this pile up but 80 was shut down for 2 days. 20 minutes after it opened a similar wreck happened just outside of Laramie. One fatality and the driver that caused it was charged with vehicular homicide.

For God's sakes. Talking to truckers about trucking is not being a troll. First hand insight into a discussion adds so much.

This post is the opposite of being a troll. And is what all posts should resemble.

Truckers talking about trucking. Is this really so hard to understand ?

Thank you for this post.

We see these top notch driving skills every day VP. Following too close, unnecessary lane changes, no turn signals. Pathetic to say the least.
Although I hate to dog the drivers in this video since I wasn't there to see the conditions, but you can bet that it should have and could have been avoided with proper spacing.
Kudos to the R & L Driver, he kept his unit under control and got stopped.

Yeah NF..I noticed the R&L w/ a set coming to a nice and easy slow stop. I wonder if he got rear ended later by some Yahoo.

There was another pileup on Jan. 11, 2015 in Michigan on I-94 that was massive. Youtube video showing one guy coming at about 60 mph . When he hit, the whole pile explodes and is moved about 10 feet. What are guys like this thinking??? Are they wanna be NASCAR drivers...even in the worst adverse winter weather possible? NUTS !!!

Yeah NF..I noticed the R&L w/ a set coming to a nice and easy slow stop. I wonder if he got rear ended later by some Yahoo.

There was another pileup on Jan. 11, 2015 in Michigan on I-94 that was massive. Youtube video showing one guy coming at about 60 mph . When he hit, the whole pile explodes and is moved about 10 feet. What are guys like this thinking??? Are they wanna be NASCAR drivers...even in the worst adverse winter weather possible? NUTS !!!
That's another hard one to watch... I keep yelling slow down, slow down.... Then boom!

Thx for the article research Hanalad. Thought for sure that there'd be some fatalities there for sure in this one. How dumb could these guys have been that just didn't slow down and drove right into that mess like sheep going to the slaughter...one after another, after another, ad infinitum. I mean it was not like the sun was shining, their view was unobstructed, the roads dry, and everything was just another day at the office? Dumb, Dumb, Dumb!!! :scratchhead:

You are most welcome. I only commented because I don't understand, based upon safety issues, why a dispatcher will force a "professional" driver to place his own life, not to mention his family, friends, and the general public, in jeopardy.

Not to mention, with a slight tweak, I'm using the new law to OUR advantage, along with FMCSA 392.3: Ill or fatigued operator.

Glad I do not run linehaul.
All of you drive safely out there.

Last edited:
Watching videos like that is heart wrenching. Complete feeling of helplessness.
It's reality, but I'm not watching any more of them. Can't do it.