FedEx Freight | Driving with Bendix® ESP® Electronic Stability Program

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
I "stumbled" across this video in the FXFE DVD video library. It's one of several I'd never seen before. Just so happens, it's available to the public, and explains in further detail what the system does and how it works.

Driving with Bendix® ESP® Electronic Stability Program

:popcorn:

I think the ESP needs fixed in all the kw's it goes off going around any curve when you have any weight in nose of trailer. Maybe it's a way to get the cameras to come on more dunno.

The one in my old Volvo, and new Pete would pick up, and go off for bridge pillars, barricades on the side of the road, large trees if you were turning and swooped past them.
It's not very disciplined,, yet.

This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart.

Ghost Braking - there is no such thing.

Me: It's happened to me multiple times in multiple trucks.

Management: No it hasn't, it's only happened 8 times in the fleet.

Me: It's happened to more than 8 drivers in this room.

Management: No it hasn't.

Me: You put these fancy new ELD's that record video, let's watch some.

Then fast forward to this year - Platooning.

Volvo: We are building this safe and reliable system based on Bendix platform brakes that will allow you to safely tailgate trucks, even though we all know that it's too risky for professional drivers.

FedEx: Cool, here is several million dollars that we could have given to our drivers who are safe and reliable even while fighting glitchy equipment, but we'll go ahead and give it to y'all instead.

Me: Will a computer kill me before I get to enjoy unemployment or what?

This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart.

Ghost Braking - there is no such thing.

Me: It's happened to me multiple times in multiple trucks.

Management: No it hasn't, it's only happened 8 times in the fleet.

Me: It's happened to more than 8 drivers in this room.

Management: No it hasn't.

Me: You put these fancy new ELD's that record video, let's watch some.

Then fast forward to this year - Platooning.

Volvo: We are building this safe and reliable system based on Bendix platform brakes that will allow you to safely tailgate trucks, even though we all know that it's too risky for professional drivers.

FedEx: Cool, here is several million dollars that we could have given to our drivers who are safe and reliable even while fighting glitchy equipment, but we'll go ahead and give it to y'all instead.

Me: Will a computer kill me before I get to enjoy unemployment or what?
“Ghost braking” is the reason we’ve ditched the Meritor systems and all of the new trucks have the Bendix systems...but there was never a problem!! :1036316054:

The only reason this Platooning system isn't based on Meritor is that we fought fought ghost braking and won.

Platooning was the reason they fought us so hard, this issue delayed the agenda.

This isn't FedEx only technology. Will the truck your tailgating have Meritor or Bendix? Or will it be the Walmart bag blowing onto the sensor that you're betting your life on?

There seems to be some confusion as to which Bendix® system is which.

The video above applies to the ESP® Electronic Stability Program.

The video below applies to the Wingman® Fusion™ collision mitigation system (The one that causes frustration for many, for a number of reasons).

I've seen better videos made by 5th graders.

But I'm sure their systems are amazing.

Like when I'm in the left lane and it's beeping at traffic in the right lane, or when I get a ROP brake event on a ramp I've taken a million times...

But hey, it's the good ol boys club. These manufacturers closely cultivate relationships with fleet maintenance etc... So, when this stuff doesn't work, the companies defend the suppliers faulty equipment. And keep pushing forward with the agenda.

There seems to be some confusion as to which Bendix® system is which.

The video above applies to the ESP® Electronic Stability Program.

The video below applies to the Wingman® Fusion™ collision mitigation system (The one that causes frustration for many, for a number of reasons).

If anyone takes the time to read the owner's manual, it clearly states that these are intended to be used with a semi tractor and single trailer combination. (Not single axles with doubles).

It also says that they should be disabled in inclimate weather. (Which we can no longer do)

Ever wonder why the company is so inclined to cancel operations when it snows now? They used to force us to run, no matter what the weather! Are they kinder and gentler now? Heck no, these systems stroke out and can't handle weather...

Ever wonder why the company is so inclined to cancel operations when it snows now? They used to force us to run, no matter what the weather! Are they kinder and gentler now? Heck no, these systems stroke out and can't handle weather...
I always thought it was to pander to the candy asses that came out of the city to join the road...after all, city ops shuts down with the first snow flake, these guys have zero experience with driving in inclement weather!!

Well, now we finally know which board is harder - THE ROAD!

Tech only masters the toughest challenges like beating chess masters and doing precision surgeries. So if John Smith wants to replace the road and leave P&D alone, it can only be that road driving is more cerebral.