Estes | Drop and hook pay

$8.50 to break a set, $8.50 to hook one. If they’re already hooked you make 0. Hooking up to a van, you also make 0. Nothing extra for putting them against the dock. Hope this helps
I never knew other companies paid it that way.
At Tforce we go on the clock hourly, $30.80, as soon as your ELD crosses the imaginary geofence of the terminal.
Most drivers will take at least 45 minutes hooking a set. The sets are rarely hooked unless it’s a meetup swapping trailers.
The clock’s still ticking and paying if ya gotta fuel or wait for paperwork or hit up the garage.

At Tforce we go on the clock hourly, $30.80, as soon as your ELD crosses the imaginary geofence of the terminal.
Most drivers will take at least 45 minutes hooking a set. The sets are rarely hooked unless it’s a meetup swapping trailers.
The clock’s still ticking and paying if ya gotta fuel or wait for paperwork or hit up the garage.
I am at Pyle. L/H is on the clock. Punch in, punch out. No trying to keep track of hooks, delay etc. Same rate no matter what. Personally, I will never go back to mileage/ activity pay system

I got assigned an old Central Freightliner with no radio or passenger seat. Tractor goes 70 mph.

I had a really nifty radio box set up when I first started at OD but I think I got rid of it when they finally started putting stereos in the trucks…. I hope I don’t have to do that again. I use my phone for audio books and for XM and connect it via Bluetooth to the stereo in my current truck.

I always heard it was because trailers weren’t 102” wide in the 50’s and 60’s when these docks were built, the trailers were only 96” wide, giving you another foot to work….
I’m sure that has something to do with it, but even with that additional foot of space, that’s really not enough to move around between trailers.

L/H dept has 2 designations. Shuttle, meaning home daily. $33.10. Linehaul, possibility of laying out $34.10. I lay out maybe once every 6 weeks. OT after 45hrs
Not a bad way to do it. 60 hour week 45 hrs at $34.10 and 15 hrs at $51.15 is $2301 gross
vs
600 miles at .77 with a $9.25 hook 5 days a week = $2356
It works out close to the same if everything goes perfect. You’re far better off considering most things don’t go perfectly in this line of work very often. Nice.

Not a bad way to do it. 60 hour week 45 hrs at $34.10 and 15 hrs at $51.15 is $2301 gross
vs
600 miles at .77 with a $9.25 hook 5 days a week = $2356
It works out close to the same if everything goes perfect. You’re far better off considering most things don’t go perfectly in this line of work very often. Nice.
I think so. Breakdowns(rare) wait time, bathroom breaks,etc all paid the same.

The Boss saying run on a log book when the eld is down must be laughable