R&L | Dropping a loaded set on abf yard

Chattanooga driver went rogue and dropped a loaded set on ABF yard in Wytheville VA. WTH???

Yep, dude is a nut job!
Our team that runs Richmond was off Sunday night, but Central forgot to relay the info. They called this guy in Monday morning (older man, but newer p&d driver) to run up to Wytheville and meet Richmond. He asked the TM if he could stop and visit with family while he was up there! Lol. TM said, “no, do the run & bring the freight back”. Well, he takes off in a spare sleeper, meets the Ric driver and makes it back south to Bristol, TN. He then turns around and goes north to the Roanoke terminal and fuels. Then for some reason he parks the set at ABF’s yard and has family pick him up. When asked why he did all this he said, “I made it back down to Bristol and needed fuel so I turned around and went to Roanoke to get fuel, then I was going to be out of time so I had relatives come pick me up.
SMH, very bizarre! If they fire him, I’m taking vacation because he’s the type that I could see shooting up the place..

Yep, dude is a nut job!
Our team that runs Richmond was off Sunday night, but Central forgot to relay the info. They called this guy in Monday morning (older man, but newer p&d driver) to run up to Wytheville and meet Richmond. He asked the TM if he could stop and visit with family while he was up there! Lol. TM said, “no, do the run & bring the freight back”. Well, he takes off in a spare sleeper, meets the Ric driver and makes it back south to Bristol, TN. He then turns around and goes north to the Roanoke terminal and fuels. Then for some reason he parks the set at ABF’s yard and has family pick him up. When asked why he did all this he said, “I made it back down to Bristol and needed fuel so I turned around and went to Roanoke to get fuel, then I was going to be out of time so I had relatives come pick me up.
SMH, very bizarre! If they fire him, I’m taking vacation because he’s the type that I could see shooting up the place..
Stay low. Shelter in place. Load all the extra mags you have. Dig a foxhole if time allows. Have carry permit ready for perps inspection before he unloads on you. And last but not least, have the sat phone & GPS up & running so you can all the USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78) for an air strike against said perp. von.

Stay low. Shelter in place. Load all the extra mags you have. Dig a foxhole if time allows. Have carry permit ready for perps inspection before he unloads on you. And last but not least, have the sat phone & GPS up & running so you can all the USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78) for an air strike against said perp. von.

Copy that sir!

Well, he showed up back at the Chattanooga terminal last night in his personal car. He asked where he could get a pay sheet for his return trip...SERIOUSLY! The tractor is still in Roanoke and he asked the TM if he was going to be reimbursed for his sunglasses, cigarettes, and bag of chips he left in the truck...
Corporate didn’t fire him for refusing a drug test a few months ago, so we’re betting he’ll probably just get 3 days off for the escapade.

Well, he showed up back at the Chattanooga terminal last night in his personal car. He asked where he could get a pay sheet for his return trip...SERIOUSLY! The tractor is still in Roanoke and he asked the TM if he was going to be reimbursed for his sunglasses, cigarettes, and bag of chips he left in the truck...
Corporate didn’t fire him for refusing a drug test a few months ago, so we’re betting he’ll probably just get 3 days off for the escapade.
That's about right for R&L if your a **** up your OK. If your a good worker thay **** with you.

Wow, just wow!

Your WOW will be re defined if they pay him any money & don't fire him. Years ago if you did that on probation ya wouldn't even finish out the week. Sometimes the day. And off probation, they would find a way to make him wish he had died as a child. Today, the rank & file in general fail to police themselves on the dock & in the yard. Or the steward is in bed with management. Therefore changing the name from Teamster to Measter. If the shoe fits, we wear it. von.

Still waiting to hear from corporate on his future here, just amazes me. He should of been gone a few months ago when he refused to take a drug test. They had sent him out on a route that day, and he came back after his first stop claiming he had fell off the liftgate. When they told him he needed to take a drug test, he said he just wanted to go home.

you know, if someone in your H&R dept couldn't see this guy is a basket case or con artist shall we say, or just down right trouble....the ::shit:: should be flying in the H&R DEPT, for not knowing what the hell there doing!!! but, when you hire anything that is breathing these days, this is what you get. not putting down R&L, it happens at my company also..

you know, if someone in your H&R dept couldn't see this guy is a basket case or con artist shall we say, or just down right trouble....the :::shit::: should be flying in the H&R DEPT, for not knowing what the hell there doing!!! but, when you hire anything that is breathing these days, this is what you get. not putting down R&L, it happens at my company also..
You've got that right. One of the clowns they hired at my terminal got out on a run that has a two hour stem time to get into the area. We have a dozen or so guys that go that far everyday. Well, he gets about 1/2 way out and calls dispatch and says he's not going any further because he might not have time to get back. He had dropped about 1/3 of the 12 deliveries they had on him and they probably would have just had him empty out then do a volume switch out at one of the customers we spot trailers at. Easy peasy deal. But nope, they let him come back and now just use him for drop and hooks. The guy had been with one of the mega truckload carriers for five years. They're so desperate for drivers that keep him.