ODFL | Dropping Nextel

roaddog1

TB Lurker
Credits
Any local drivers mad about losing their Nextel? :nutkick: I think there are other ways to cut costs besides taking away the one tool (next to our truck) that we most often use to be efficient. I really think this is gonna slow things down...:duh:

Save a nickel

roaddog1 said:
Any local drivers mad about losing their Nextel? :nutkick: I think there are other ways to cut costs besides taking away the one tool (next to our truck) that we most often use to be efficient. I really think this is gonna slow things down...:duh:

Tell me it ain't so ,all these new drivers will be lost.Save a nickel,spend a dollar.

I have a verizon phone, so its free to call dispatch or I can use the handheld phone. I really dont miss the nextel. we would get beeped all day long. Now I talk to dispatch 3 to 4 times a day. Also off the subject a little, if your personal cell phone is Verizon wireless you get a 15% percent discount. I took a copy of my paystub to the verizon store and got 15% off. Its better than nothing.

kbigdog said:
I have a verizon phone, so its free to call dispatch or I can use the handheld phone. I really dont miss the nextel. we would get beeped all day long. Now I talk to dispatch 3 to 4 times a day. Also off the subject a little, if your personal cell phone is Verizon wireless you get a 15% percent discount. I took a copy of my paystub to the verizon store and got 15% off. Its better than nothing.

15% is really good i worked at walmart they gave me 3% off nextel bill, and yeah i would agree they are just usin the technology they already have with the handheld phone why use the nextel, its just gonna take some tim to get used to.

Calling dispatch still does not help me get where I want to go. It was so easy to push a button and get someone live. On the other hand, it is nice not to be bothered by dispatch every 10 minutes....maybe i will get more done. hmmmm?

Yup, said a few weeks ago we're switching.. but now we're keeping the Nextels as well. Sweet.

Don't worry

kbigdog said:
Jim Bob, whats going on, we are still using phones in Cleveland.

Don't worry,if you still got them you'll probably keep them.Might have been a corporate mind ****.Who knows.

we still have the nextels in orl.we were told end of june,but that came and went.no one in the office seems to know if and when.they said use them til we lose them.

it took me 30 mins one time to try to find directions that would have taken 5 mins before..plus as im calling drivers on the handheld comps most could not hear the ring. alot of other local guys had the same problem and the TM said he would gladly pay the bill if it keeps that kind of stuff happning