FedEx Freight | Dropping the bomb 2018

Credits
This might be long. I just cant get it out of my head what the CFO said on Thursday in Charlotte. He stated that 1% of our work force ever reaches out of pocket deductibles or maximum out of pocket deductibles and only catastrofphic events would make this occur. We have a driver who then spoke out and said he was the 1%. He said he has over $6200 worth of medical bills and it wasnt a catastrophic event. But our CFO stated we have good insurance.He then said fedx had to do it or they would be fined by the goverment due to ACA. Another driver then asked what year fedx would be fined. CFO then said 2018. Our driver then said then why is our insurance so weak now if fedx wont be fined until 2018. He then angerly says " what were we suposed to do drop the bomb on you in 2018 we have a step plan" . Driver response is what does that mean. Whats gonna happen to our insurance in 2018. Our driver asked him to clarify what he means. CFO anwser was you can go vote on nov 19th. We'll it sounds like our insurance will decline evey year. What are we in store for??? 15k,20k out of pockets??? Being put on ACA??? I can not get this meeting out of my head.

Sounds like he got caught with the door open and realized it mid meeting. I guess the CFO is pro union because then it settles all the variables he has to plan for

I have heard rumor of the same. The best solution looks like to petition and vote yes. Why do I say that? Simple. Use their own logic against them. They say if you vote it in then we will have to negotiate a contract and Don Brown is going to bring it hard to the table. Until a contract is signed we are told that everything will be frozen. This could go on for a year. Perfect I say. Health insurance can't get worse with coverage or cost.

I have heard rumor of the same. The best solution looks like to petition and vote yes. Why do I say that? Simple. Use their own logic against them. They say if you vote it in then we will have to negotiate a contract and Don Brown is going to bring it hard to the table. Until a contract is signed we are told that everything will be frozen. This could go on for a year. Perfect I say. Health insurance can't get worse with coverage or cost.
Got a letter on Friday from another fedx executive saying that if we vote them in CFO will negotiate but only agree to whats fair for fedx and customer. So they will negotiate.

Welcome aboard Southerndriver. You've brought some of the best info in awhile.
How could they vote no, knowing this?
Are you reading this Newark?
Harrisburg?
Nashville?
Richmond?
Louisville?
Pocono?

This might be long. I just cant get it out of my head what the CFO said on Thursday in Charlotte. He stated that 1% of our work force ever reaches out of pocket deductibles or maximum out of pocket deductibles and only catastrofphic events would make this occur. We have a driver who then spoke out and said he was the 1%. He said he has over $6200 worth of medical bills and it wasnt a catastrophic event. But our CFO stated we have good insurance.He then said fedx had to do it or they would be fined by the goverment due to ACA. Another driver then asked what year fedx would be fined. CFO then said 2018. Our driver then said then why is our insurance so weak now if fedx wont be fined until 2018. He then angerly says " what were we suposed to do drop the bomb on you in 2018 we have a step plan" . Driver response is what does that mean. Whats gonna happen to our insurance in 2018. Our driver asked him to clarify what he means. CFO anwser was you can go vote on nov 19th. We'll it sounds like our insurance will decline evey year. What are we in store for??? 15k,20k out of pockets??? Being put on ACA??? I can not get this meeting out of my head.

Driver don't question him! He's real good at what he does! You don't want to be sitting across the table from him! He wrote the check for Watkins! How dare you! You should be grateful they even let you put that purple shirt on!

LMAO! Sorry I couldn't hold it together ANYMORE!

PEOPLE HAVE A CHANCE TO SAY ENOUGH! Whether they have the courage to hold to their convictions only time Will tell.

God bless you all! No matter what side of the fence your on! I hate no man or woman, but I don't have to l like their actions! Come Tuesday I'm sure there will be more actions I DON'T like.

I guess he should have run his notes past somebody that would question each point,just like I do before meeting with company .You have to think like mangement to get ahead of them cause it don't take too many smarts to be a manger good luck fella's vote early and often

Sooner or later the truth will prevail. The corporate leaders and union busters will tell enough lies to us they forget which ones they tell.great post also keep strong clt can't wait for ohio to start in this process.

Unbelievable. Everybody that works at Fedex Freight needs to read this post. Whether you are for or against the union makes no difference. This is something that will seriously affect all of us if something isn't done. Spread the word.

Wow none of the non union guys have anything to say about this post. Guess the CFO told the managers to try and let it die and don't dispute it lol

I've been talking to a lot of guys that are no vote's about insurance and disability we have and they don't realize how big of financial hit they would take if they got hurt outside of work. So I ask them do you know how much disability pays you if you get hurt and the answer is I don't know. when I tell them it's 60% of your pay they are shocked. I ask them could you pay your bills on that, we all know the answer to that. I had a accident in my driveway 2 1/2 years ago and nearly died and I'm still paying to this day on what insurance didn't cover. So I just keep trucking on and glad that I'm still on the right side of the dirt.