FedEx Freight | Dropping the bomb 2018

I can't help it the smart ass comes out sometimes even though I try to keep him locked away. With that being said.

Wut youuu talking bout doooog u meen the cumpny spose to pey for the workrs cump dannabit I thout we was sposed to do that. Thats wut dey bean telling us. Man u younun fellers get ever thingyouse guys want dont you man o man yalls livin the good life.:clapping::1036316054::biglaugh:

Ok, I have a little hillbilly in me and this gives me a headache.................. Stop it....

I doubt they'll get rid of it.
The corporations of the world dont want to pay..
China and Japan are much more business friendlly. Some how itll be paid for by the people just like there.Eventually.
UNLESS THE PEOPLE COMBINE THEIR POLITICAL ECONOMIC VOICES AND MONIES IN LABOR UNIONS.
VOTE YES!!!

You are correct about China, Barry just back from there, and I hear grass growing on China owned land in the US.... In all honesty, I think it was about clearing the visa's for the Chinese to come and go in the US as they please...

That's being a good "labor supporter" right there folks....

We need to find out what amount FedEx pays for each employee & family plan from any of these guys holding the meetings. I am trying to dig up info and will post what I have found below. Admittedly this stuff is quite complicated to digest/understand and making this a group effort could help straighten out all the facts. It looks like the "penalty" they talk about is an excise tax. So if I read it right FedEx will have to pay a tax if their part of our premiums exceed $10,200 & $27,500.

I found this from here.
Excise tax
Beginning in 2018, employer plans will pay a 40 percent tax on the amount by which the cost of the plan per enrollee exceeds a cap, initially set at $10,200 for single workers and $27,500 for families. (In theory, insurers or plan administrators pay the tax, which will presumably be passed through to the employer.) The initial cap may be higher if health costs rise faster than currently projected and the cap will be higher for plans covering retirees or workers in high risk occupations as well as for plans with a higher-than-average risk level (based on age and sex alone). The caps will increase annually,but only by the CPI-U plus 1 percentage point. Calculations of spending per enrollee will consider both employer and employee contributions to the plan, including employee contributions to flexible spending or health savings accounts.

Another company put together this FAQ for it's employees and it seems to explain it clearer. It provides some example but looks like it may be based on their company. I will quote this below as I can't seem to find this form and maybe others have one handy to help fill in the blanks for the premium paid by FedEx.

Forbes states this:
Based on the plan size defined by the tax, in 2018, about 16% of employer-sponsored plans will be affected. However, if healthcare spending continues to exceed inflation, a greater percentage of plans will qualify as “Cadillac plans”—spending more than $10,200 per employee or $27,500 per family— each year. The tax is tied to the Consumer Price Index (CPI) +1% for the first 2 years of implementation but then just the CPI.

Sounds like this is what he meant in the meeting. Why are they starting years in advance here.

Bump.
Read first post
How could you vote no?
The CFO seems to hope you have brains to vote yes.
I geuss NO voters have money to burn.

That's a 120%-ish increase in the next 3 years. I know the cost of my insurance has gone up 120% since 2011. Looking at the trend, I don't see that as too far fetched unless we do something to get rid of the piece of **** ACA fast!!

I've read somewhere that health insurance costs historically rise faster than inflation. So the prices raise on their own and outrun inflation.

Makes sense that they might do a step plan. Most companies are. So, far fetched, nope. I've said before, the plans of today suck as a majority. But being competitive nowadays, doesn't mean good.

High deductible plans are your future! But I'm sure Union is one possible avenue for avoiding, but after 2018 I can't seem to figure out what's going to happen. Hopefully some changes are made.

We need to find out what amount FedEx pays for each employee & family plan from any of these guys holding the meetings. I am trying to dig up info and will post what I have found below. Admittedly this stuff is quite complicated to digest/understand and making this a group effort could help straighten out all the facts. It looks like the "penalty" they talk about is an excise tax. So if I read it right FedEx will have to pay a tax if their part of our premiums exceed $10,200 & $27,500.

I found this from here.
Excise tax
Beginning in 2018, employer plans will pay a 40 percent tax on the amount by which the cost of the plan per enrollee exceeds a cap, initially set at $10,200 for single workers and $27,500 for families. (In theory, insurers or plan administrators pay the tax, which will presumably be passed through to the employer.) The initial cap may be higher if health costs rise faster than currently projected and the cap will be higher for plans covering retirees or workers in high risk occupations as well as for plans with a higher-than-average risk level (based on age and sex alone). The caps will increase annually,but only by the CPI-U plus 1 percentage point. Calculations of spending per enrollee will consider both employer and employee contributions to the plan, including employee contributions to flexible spending or health savings accounts.

Another company put together this FAQ for it's employees and it seems to explain it clearer. It provides some example but looks like it may be based on their company. I will quote this below as I can't seem to find this form and maybe others have one handy to help fill in the blanks for the premium paid by FedEx.

Forbes states this:
Based on the plan size defined by the tax, in 2018, about 16% of employer-sponsored plans will be affected. However, if healthcare spending continues to exceed inflation, a greater percentage of plans will qualify as “Cadillac plans”—spending more than $10,200 per employee or $27,500 per family— each year. The tax is tied to the Consumer Price Index (CPI) +1% for the first 2 years of implementation but then just the CPI.
From what I can find the tax only applies if the the total premiums ( this includes employer and employee portions plus any flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts) but doesn't includes dental vision or accidental insurance! I'm like you what figures is FedEx using! I don't think premiums are near that much! If I remember right fedex says they have 300,000 employes and they say they spend over 1 billion a year on health care! Lets just say they spend 1.5 billion on healthcare divide that by 300,000! That's 5,000 per employe!

the ACA healthcare tax is nothing more then a excuse and another FEDEX LIE!

Never was our healthcare plan even CLOSE to being subject to ACA penalties.

This is a hidden pay cut people SWALLOW it and digest it. The info is right in front of you, and the truth is we are in store for an even WORSE plan next year and for the next couple years.

If you don't want to believe that then ask yourself what has corporate done that has been for the better? bringing the union in will at least give us bargaining power on these changes and representation at the table when these changes are being discussed. Right now all we can do is beg and that has not worked to well in the last 10 years or 5 or 3.

the ACA healthcare tax is nothing more then a excuse and another FEDEX LIE!

Never was our healthcare plan even CLOSE to being subject to ACA penalties.

This is a hidden pay cut people SWALLOW it and digest it. The info is right in front of you, and the truth is we are in store for an even WORSE plan next year and for the next couple years.

If you don't want to believe that then ask yourself what has corporate done that has been for the better? bringing the union in will at least give us bargaining power on these changes and representation at the table when these changes are being discussed. Right now all we can do is beg and that has not worked to well in the last 10 years or 5 or 3.

The Teamsters, as we speak, are expressing their distaste in the Caddy Tax.. It's a 3 billion dollar a year tax for the Feds... To increase yearly... That's why this ACA law needs to be repealed....If your gonna tax me more, that's fine with me, but don't double tax me.... And that's what this thing does... Companies hate it as much as anyone.... You never heard of things like this before the ACA was passed... But we were told "We got to pass it, to read it".. What a pile of bull****...

This might be long. I just cant get it out of my head what the CFO said on Thursday in Charlotte. He stated that 1% of our work force ever reaches out of pocket deductibles or maximum out of pocket deductibles and only catastrofphic events would make this occur. We have a driver who then spoke out and said he was the 1%. He said he has over $6200 worth of medical bills and it wasnt a catastrophic event. But our CFO stated we have good insurance.He then said fedx had to do it or they would be fined by the goverment due to ACA. Another driver then asked what year fedx would be fined. CFO then said 2018. Our driver then said then why is our insurance so weak now if fedx wont be fined until 2018. He then angerly says " what were we suposed to do drop the bomb on you in 2018 we have a step plan" . Driver response is what does that mean. Whats gonna happen to our insurance in 2018. Our driver asked him to clarify what he means. CFO anwser was you can go vote on nov 19th. We'll it sounds like our insurance will decline evey year. What are we in store for??? 15k,20k out of pockets??? Being put on ACA??? I can not get this meeting out of my head.
What he said was vote the Democrats out in November. Not vote on the 19th. Typical twisting of the facts to make union look better. Also the driver who was part of the 1 percent is in his sixties with heart issues but carrying the choice plan instead of premier. His out of pocket would have been much less. Seems smart to carry the better plan as you get older and are more likely to need it.
This might be long. I just cant get it out of my head what the CFO said on Thursday in Charlotte. He stated that 1% of our work force ever reaches out of pocket deductibles or maximum out of pocket deductibles and only catastrofphic events would make this occur. We have a driver who then spoke out and said he was the 1%. He said he has over $6200 worth of medical bills and it wasnt a catastrophic event. But our CFO stated we have good insurance.He then said fedx had to do it or they would be fined by the goverment due to ACA. Another driver then asked what year fedx would be fined. CFO then said 2018. Our driver then said then why is our insurance so weak now if fedx wont be fined until 2018. He then angerly says " what were we suposed to do drop the bomb on you in 2018 we have a step plan" . Driver response is what does that mean. Whats gonna happen to our insurance in 2018. Our driver asked him to clarify what he means. CFO anwser was you can go vote on nov 19th. We'll it sounds like our insurance will decline evey year. What are we in store for??? 15k,20k out of pockets??? Being put on ACA??? I can not get this meeting out of my head.
What he actually said was vote the Democrats out in November, not vote on the 19th

Well the date has come and gone you heard of any negotiations in CLT. Us down south ain't hearing nothing. Looks like CLT is out on their own.
Patience Grasshopper. The burden is on the Company, right now. If the Company improves around them (CLT, EPH, SBR), they can vote again in 1 year. If the Company does NOT improve, most other centers can vote to join the represented. You should keep your fingers crossed, and not worry so much about CLT. They will be in good shape either way.

Pakistani women cotton pickers join union to improve wages and working conditions.Dont let the Pakistani women cotton pickers out do you.True story in Yahoo news