ODFL | Drops and Hooks and fuels

Beeman

TB Lurker
Credits
Do you check your settlement sheet to be sure you get paid for all of your drops, hooks and fuels? Have you ever read the policy manual concerning drops and hooks (p.69)? I wonder how they arrived at not paying any drops or hooks on meet and turns, must be left over from the swap tractor days. If you run to terminals many expect you to put both trailers to the dock but never go in and change your arrival to pay you for the drops. The gate is usually programmed to give you 1 drop.

Mine has always been right. When I arrive or depart at a dark terminal(closed for the weekend) I arrive or dispatch myself in the IVR system and enter the appropriate drops and fuels. (FYI...if you do not break your set and put 4 drops in the IVR you can get in trouble. My terminal does check this) If you do the work make sure you get the right pay, this money adds up. Also you are correct on the drops for a meet and turn. They used to switch everything, tractors and trailers and guys wanted to keep there own tractors, so the company said you can keep your tractor but you will not be paid for a drop. Id rather keep my own tractor.

There has been many changes in what is accepted in drops and hooks over the time that I have been here. many drivers use to abuse it a lot and they have tried to knock that out.

Years ago we used to have those trip cards,I don't know if you guys have ever seen them or not but you could write just about any number in the hooks and drops column and as long as it looked like a legitimate initital on there you could get away with alot of crap!The IVR is a very welcomed investment for this company and I really enjoy getting my equipment numbers and not having to call central,that is if someone is staying with their computer and doing their job!

I'm sure what ever new system they have paid for itself many times over in regard to "drop & hooks" We had the trip cards and usually got paid for what ever it was but if you did extra had to be explained with a notation and set numbers.

Some drivers complained but for the most part it ""ADDED UP" over a years time. Try running the road and not getting paid every time you hook or drop a trailer.

The 1$ for fuel always puzzled me though ? my route I had to drive 8 miles in each direction for the fuel stop. I got paid the extra miles but still wasn't enough. The free ice cream cone didn't help but was a nice token for fueling. The other choice across the street was 1 gallon a minute and no bug juice for windows and bad area in town to get out and walk around in the middle of the night.

Ozarkmutt said:
I'm sure what ever new system they have paid for itself many times over in regard to "drop & hooks" We had the trip cards and usually got paid for what ever it was but if you did extra had to be explained with a notation and set numbers.

Some drivers complained but for the most part it ""ADDED UP" over a years time. Try running the road and not getting paid every time you hook or drop a trailer.

The 1$ for fuel always puzzled me though ? my route I had to drive 8 miles in each direction for the fuel stop. I got paid the extra miles but still wasn't enough. The free ice cream cone didn't help but was a nice token for fueling. The other choice across the street was 1 gallon a minute and no bug juice for windows and bad area in town to get out and walk around in the middle of the night.
Thats why you put in an alternate route so you can get paid for going off the hwy to get fuel.an alternate route pays 3.00