Yellow | Dt

VC1m6j4.jpg
That's a big one!

You may not realize it but you're applying for a job at YRC Freight. If you continue to refer to it as Yellow Freight seven years after Yellow Freight ceased to exist you may up looking a little behind the times. Just saying.
Maybe the weed is a little more potent than it was 7 years ago........

Passing a test is of no concern to me but I would not want to work for a company that tests hair. I'm not okay with someone pulling hair out of my head to see what I do or don't do while off duty. I'll pee in a cup every day as long as I'm on the clock.

Passing a test is of no concern to me but I would not want to work for a company that tests hair. I'm not okay with someone pulling hair out of my head to see what I do or don't do while off duty. I'll pee in a cup every day as long as I'm on the clock.
I agree. I don't even drink but I see this as invasive and we'll just frickin nosey. And most of all an insult. I'll pee in a cup. Which is bad enough and most companies do it now. But look back when we started working decades ago. If you didn't work or show up... Well you didn't have a job. They didn't test. They test Walmart greeters now. Stupid. Drivers and people that can be a danger on the streets or handle large machinery... Ya I can see that. This has probably already argued to death.
An article in Dallas Morning News spoke of this the other day. How applicants just never come back after told they have a pee test. The percentage of that occuance has gone up dramatically over the past few years and is posing a problem to trucking companies... Being one of them. Interesting article.

I agree. I don't even drink but I see this as invasive and we'll just frickin nosey. And most of all an insult. I'll pee in a cup. Which is bad enough and most companies do it now. But look back when we started working decades ago. If you didn't work or show up... Well you didn't have a job. They didn't test. They test Walmart greeters now. Stupid. Drivers and people that can be a danger on the streets or handle large machinery... Ya I can see that. This has probably already argued to death.
An article in Dallas Morning News spoke of this the other day. How applicants just never come back after told they have a pee test. The percentage of that occuance has gone up dramatically over the past few years and is posing a problem to trucking companies... Being one of them. Interesting article.

A lot of this stuff is a liability issue for companies. Somebody gets hurt in some way and they sue claiming that the company should have known the employee was doing something - drugs, drinking, etc.

Look at how some politicians (lawyers usually) want people to be able to sue gun manufacturers when someone gets shot by some nut case. It's crazy anymore.

A lot of this stuff is a liability issue for companies. Somebody gets hurt in some way and they sue claiming that the company should have known the employee was doing something - drugs, drinking, etc.

Look at how some politicians (lawyers usually) want people to be able to sue gun manufacturers when someone gets shot by some nut case. It's crazy anymore.
Somebody gets hurt and they're going to sue either way. Testing negative won't help in any way.

Not true. Testing employees won't stop the lawsuits but it will mitigate negligence on the part of the company by showing that the company has a proactive testing program in effect. We live in a very litigious society.
BINGO!
It is not going away.
It has good points and bad points just like everything does.
We and everyone in the working world now and in the future will have to live with it.
By now it's to be expected.
That's why when I was reading that article about people not showing back up after a job application was accepted... why did they apply to begin with? We all know. If your dumb enough to be smoking a doob and do this... they don't need you. Plenty of clean people out there.