Holland | Dugan Coming Back?

stldude44

TB Veteran
Credits
At the MO-KAN grievance hearings yesterday there was a Roadway city driver who had a flyer that a customer had given him advertising the new Dugan Truck Lines. They are going to be in Mo, Kan, and Tx according to the flyer. Somebody said that the old man was trying to start back up.

owlpuss said:
also heard the bisgrove family is going to reopen redstar
I don't know if you are joking or not, but it would be nice to see that happen.

After 2 years it still bothers me to see all the old orange & white USF Red Star tractors & trailers every day on the street.

I would really enjoy seeing a red & white Red Star express truck pass me on the street. It would make my day.

fedexdrone said:
Two of the sons...John Jr. and Glenn.
FedExDrone,
Welcome to Truckingboards. The Roadway driver said that he was told it was the father.....I really have no idea he also said that the shipper who gave him the flyer had no interest in ever using the new Dugan. I guess we'll see soon enough.

There is truth to the Dugan rumor. In Kansas City today I saw two new Navistars going west on I70 pulling new pups. The tractors were white with a green shamrock backround and "Dugan Freight Lines" on the doors and on the trailers. Both Dugan and Chris (Dugan) Truck Lines were based out of Wichita. I guess since they sold Chris, they've got money to do it again.

Any contact numbers or web site info on that flyer?? With YRC purchasing USF, I'd think they would have a problem with them using the Dugan name. What do you guys think. DS.

Docksteward said:
Any contact numbers or web site info on that flyer?? With YRC purchasing USF, I'd think they would have a problem with them using the Dugan name. What do you guys think. DS.
D.S. since YRCW did away with Dugan,I don`t think they could stop them from using the name,plus the fact that they are using their own name,I know from having my own business that you can use your name without filing a fictitious name report.

I just wonder why Dugan thinks they could make it now when things are thougher now than ever. Dugan couldn't make before no matter how much money USF pumped into it, it would be a losing cause. As far as Red Srar gone forever.

Thanks for asking that C/G that is the same ques that I have had looking at this thread.

But USF won't be running it, the Dugan family will. They seem to be able to run things well enough to have other concerns interested in buying them out. It is interesting to note, however, that the purchase price for Chris was roughly the same as the recent 12 months revenue

It could work in a small way. So many of these companies fail when they bite off more than they can chew.

Dugan failed because of poor management choices. Also it did not help matters that while part of USF there were so many duplicate Dugan and Holland terminals.

If the Dugan family starteed it back up again, they would have a nice support base from the old time customers.

I am rooting for them

The Dugans have a company called U.S. Road express. They did quite a bit of expanding the day they sold Chris Truck Line to Vitran. Maybe they are going to change the name of that.

Docksteward said:

Did YRC buy the company along with the name or just the assets? If they only bought the assets then the Dugan name still belongs to Dugan. It's just like the Watkins and FedEx deal, FedEx bought only the assets and Watkins will still remain a company but will have zero employees and no revenue. If 2 months from now Watkins wanted to start a trucking company back up using the Watkins name they could.

When YRC bought USF Dugan, it hadn't been owned by the Dugans for quite a while, had to be about 10 years ago when they sold out.

Collard Green said:
I just wonder why Dugan thinks they could make it now when things are thougher now than ever. Dugan couldn't make before no matter how much money USF pumped into it, it would be a losing cause. As far as Red Srar gone forever.
Home - theres the end of the rumor - its official.

Rob

Dugan

I have seen one of their trucks with my own eyes, traveling north on I-35 through Oklahoma. A truck pulling a single pup, had to do a double take.

YO..

just another play on words...

dugan express>>>>>>>> dugan truck lines......

just like navajo freight lines>>>>>>>navajo express............

separate names by a technicality......

mikeeeeeeeeee

ps; 2631 when did RSEL have red and white tractors?????

MIKEEEEE said:
ps; 2631 when did RSEL have red and white tractors?????
They had Red Tractors they had White Tractors and they had Orange and White,I can't remember Red and White Trucks.Although when Jones took over and started the buying used junk because USF had other plans for the money anything was possible. We went from having White (type of truck not the color) Cabovers and Ford City Trucks to what ever the market offered at the cheapest price. Actually I think the change over from new to used equipment started with TNT..I see Holland has some of the OLD USF Red Star Junk now so they are still making the rounds with in the industry.Remember when Red Stars logo on the front of their trailers was a set of wings with a Red Star in the middle ? Well I still see some of them trailers on the road now and again..