Estes | Dumb Estes Driver

Everybody calm down. The last thing you wanna be is smart in trucking. If the driver was smart he would have plowed the guy stopped in the road video recording.

All this praise, all he did was hit the brakes and hang on. The fact that he didn't hit anything is just a coincident, glad nobody got hurt but the driver did nothing special.

All this praise, all he did was hit the brakes and hang on. The fact that he didn't hit anything is just a coincident, glad nobody got hurt but the driver did nothing special.

Lol...but if it were a FedEx ground the stories would be all different. ....accidents happen at all companies. ...drivers don't mean to cause them but they happen. ..hence the term it was an accident.

Also wanted to add.... watching the video was like watching Nascar. ...the only reason people watch it is for the wrecks.

So your of the opinion that luck,and not his reaction kept this guy from harming anything other than his equipment?yes luck plays a pretty big role in these situations I agree with you there, but I also think that your initial reaction plays a big role in how "lucky"a guy and the other motorists will be when a driver goes into a slide with a set like that.ive slid a few times on mountains going downhill and it's scary as hell,nothing you can do but pray that somebody doesn't die.i think as a driver you gotta think your not just along for the ride and your skill played a role in what happened or hopefully didn't happen.im also of the opinion that the best of the best drive for ltl companies and if I see a set sliding towards me I hope it's an ltl guy and not a sub service clown pulling a set,these dubs and trips are not the easiest pull in inclement weather.

So your of the opinion that luck,and not his reaction kept this guy from harming anything other than his equipment?yes luck plays hopefully didn't happen.im also of the opinion that the best of the best drive for ltl companies and if I see a set sliding towards me I hope it's an ltl guy and not a sub service clown pulling a set,these dubs and trips are not the easiest pull in inclement weather.

So I'm taking that you are referring to my post about ground.... in my area I see a lot of accidents caused by weather. ...bad roads...it's not just one company that is in the ditch. ..
I am a former CF and Holland driver if that matters....which It don't to me...what does matter to me is 36 years of experience driving mostly in snow country.

So I'm taking that you are referring to my post about ground.... in my area I see a lot of accidents caused by weather. ...bad roads...it's not just one company that is in the ditch. ..
I am a former CF and Holland driver if that matters....which It don't to me...what does matter to me is 36 years of experience driving mostly in snow country.
Yep, lot's of "clowns" pulling sets for the elite carriers.

I wasn't hiding cheap shots in my wording.yall got me pegged as a troll,nope just came here to compliment what I deemed as a fine pc of driving.not a troll.hope you all enjoy safe travels.

I wasn't hiding cheap shots in my wording.yall got me pegged as a troll,nope just came here to compliment what I deemed as a fine pc of driving.not a troll.hope you all enjoy safe travels.
And the "clowns comment"was directed toward the road clowns who come to Conway and haul our sets out while our guys sit,not anybody working for another ltl brand.

Just for clarification the driver did get hurt, he cracked some vertebrae in his back. Now, as far as the clown comment goes I'm sure that we ALL wound up with clowns pulling sets with the hiring frenzy that went on last year, but let's just hope they don't hurt or kill anyone before they get weeded out and sent back to one of the wonderful truckload carriers that taught them how to be a truck driver!!