FedEx Freight | Dumbest reasons for getting fired

While the above office girls might not have this problem, I think one of the dumbest things a driver can be fired for is clocking out late for lunch. Drivers have taken step one on the road to getting fired by missing the cut off by one minute. Forgot that you started a half hour early because you had to attend a meeting? Too bad. Caught in traffic because you tried to get the freight back to the dock to make cut times? Nope, sign this.

While the above office girls might not have this problem, I think one of the dumbest things a driver can be fired for is clocking out late for lunch. Drivers have taken step one on the road to getting fired by missing the cut off by one minute. Forgot that you started a half hour early because you had to attend a meeting? Too bad. Caught in traffic because you tried to get the freight back to the dock to make cut times? Nope, sign this.

I assume we are talking about city dudes?

No, that's a road issue in California too...for legal reasons. Bunch of BS in my book. Most of us are incredibly careful about clocking lunches. One of my pet peeve's is you do everything by the book, get back to domicile on 12 hours and they say "go pee in a cup". So now you exceed 12, and get a letter for not taking second lunch before 10. Complete bull...

No, that's a road issue in California too...for legal reasons. Bunch of BS in my book. Most of us are incredibly careful about clocking lunches. One of my pet peeve's is you do everything by the book, get back to domicile on 12 hours and they say "go pee in a cup". So now you exceed 12, and get a letter for not taking second lunch before 10. Complete bull...

And guys are getting fired for this?

And guys are getting fired for this?

Not aware of anyone actually fired over it. Do know a couple of drivers that claim to have been written for it. Haven't seen documentation. I am constantly personally concerned on the issue of the second lunch. There's always an issue of being required to attend meetings or do video's without advance notice. You're pushing the limit hours wise and suddenly some ******* redshirt says you've got a must view tutorial or video and you're right up against the time stamp.

Not aware of anyone actually fired over it. Do know a couple of drivers that claim to have been written for it. Haven't seen documentation. I am constantly personally concerned on the issue of the second lunch. There's always an issue of being required to attend meetings or do video's without advance notice. You're pushing the limit hours wise and suddenly some :censored: redshirt says you've got a must view tutorial or video and you're right up against the time stamp.
Simple solution: All required education/video and such should be done on the beginning of shift, period.

Not sure what to do about the random drug test, the facility is not likely to be open at that hour. On those rare occurrences, perhaps you should get paid for that particular (required) lunch, since you do get paid for random testing. Either way, that is a relatively rare inconvenience.

You disagree with your boss. How should you handle it?

http://approachableleadership.com/how-to-disagree-with-your-boss/

"The problem is that disagreements often present two types of holdups:
  1. Many people don’t know how to disagree and still be productive.
  2. Others are afraid to disagree with those in power positions (the boss)."

https://hbr.org/2016/03/how-to-disagree-with-someone-more-powerful-than-you?xid=nl_powersheet

Interesting read (For Managers too). This thread seems to be as good a place as any to put it. :idunno:

Last edited:
the trick is to reboot your handheld and tell them it locked up when you tried to punch out for lunch....

2nd lunch? Is this a CA rule? I work 14 hours a couple of times a week and have never been told to take a 2nd lunch