FedEx Freight | Dumbest reasons for getting fired

Whats it say in your contract about it? Oh that's right. Go to work tomorrow and punch someone then check back in.
First of all it don't matter what your contract is. The union has made it perfectly clear there are 3 things they can not help you for. 1) putting your hands on someone
2) stealing
3)failing drug or alcohol test.

First of all it don't matter what your contract is. The union has made it perfectly clear there are 3 things they can not help you for. 1) putting your hands on someone
2) stealing
3)failing drug or alcohol test.
Damn right. I wouldn't help anybody caught doing those things.

While the above office girls might not have this problem, I think one of the dumbest things a driver can be fired for is clocking out late for lunch. Drivers have taken step one on the road to getting fired by missing the cut off by one minute. Forgot that you started a half hour early because you had to attend a meeting? Too bad. Caught in traffic because you tried to get the freight back to the dock to make cut times? Nope, sign this.
Under a CBA none of the above would be a firing offense. At least 3 warnings before termination. 1 reason a union contract can & will save your ass. Not every time, but 9 out of 10 work rule violations will just generate paperwork. And then you can grieve the letter & if you are successful it never goes in to your file. I also believe a CBA brings stability to the job & helps bring all the employees to the same level. Also, I worked 20 years as a Teamster under the Master Freight Contract, & not once did I have any money taken out of my pay check for medical premiums. No one does that anymore.

Last edited:
If they try to fire you for protecting yourself, punch them in the face. When they try to defend them selves tell them they are now fired too, Fitch.
That is a feel good moment. Assault & battery, you have the right to remain silent, 3500 for your lawyer, 1 year suspended (if lucky) Felony conviction. 3500.00 equals a couple of house & car payments. One very expensive punch.

Not aware of anyone actually fired over it. Do know a couple of drivers that claim to have been written for it. Haven't seen documentation. I am constantly personally concerned on the issue of the second lunch. There's always an issue of being required to attend meetings or do video's without advance notice. You're pushing the limit hours wise and suddenly some :censored: redshirt says you've got a must view tutorial or video and you're right up against the time stamp.
Be sure to log it as on duty not driving. Mandatory attendance of a company meeting can & will be logged that way per DOT reg's. If the meeting runs long enough, & you come up short 40 miles from the terminal, call em to come pick you up. Document everything & get copies of you daily routine @ work. You know they are with their cameras & on board recorders, why not you. If you violate the hours of service they have a reason to fire you, & one that will not be overturned.