ODFL | Duncan SC Center info

yo-yo

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey, I'm looking to get in with OD one of these days and was hoping I could get some info on the Duncan SC s/c. Ideally I'd like to get on linehaul and a few questions I have are;

1) Do they ever hire linehaul off the street or would I need to put my time in the city?

2) What type of runs do they have out of Duncan? Drop/Hook or HUB runs with dock time? Crazy as it sounds I'd prefer a run with some dock time.

3) Is there plenty of work or do bottom guys typically starve?

Any info is greatly appreciated. I have about 5 years ltl experience so I know how the industry works, but like an idiot I got out of it a few years back. Just looking to get back in with a good company and stick around this time.

Thanks!

Hey, I'm looking to get in with OD one of these days and was hoping I could get some info on the Duncan SC s/c. Ideally I'd like to get on linehaul and a few questions I have are;

1) Do they ever hire linehaul off the street or would I need to put my time in the city?

2) What type of runs do they have out of Duncan? Drop/Hook or HUB runs with dock time? Crazy as it sounds I'd prefer a run with some dock time.

3) Is there plenty of work or do bottom guys typically starve?

Any info is greatly appreciated. I have about 5 years ltl experience so I know how the industry works, but like an idiot I got out of it a few years back. Just looking to get back in with a good company and stick around this time.

Thanks!
Greenville "GVL"Term has hired a lot lately.Not sure how they operate.But,I can say line drivers do not work freight.Hired to drive only.They do hire off the street.Check OD Website to see if they are hiring.Not sure if you will get anyone from that Term on here.Good Luck

Kenneth thanks a ton for the response.

Maybe I’ll stop by the terminal soon and see what’s what. There’s nothing been posted on the website for that location in months that I’ve seen.

Thanks again man.

A guy named "yo-yo" looking to get hired on at the "Duncan" terminal ...
Put a smile on my face and some found memories in my head. I think it's time to "walk the dog!!"
I have a fond memory of you trying to master the trick you were inventing called walk the goat, when one of your goats ran up and ate your yo-yo....

With a name like yo/yo you should be hiring on with some flunkee outfit like that fedex freight.

Yo-yo was a childhood nickname. Perhaps a bad choice for the forums here lol.

I’ve heard far too many negative things about working for FedEx to even consider them. But I appreciate the feedback guys.

I’ve heard far too many negative things about working for FedEx to even consider them. But I appreciate the feedback guys.

This is the big leagues kid you made a wise choice,, guys who like swift or not making as much money go to fedex

I have a fond memory of you trying to master the trick you were inventing called walk the goat, when one of your goats ran up and ate your yo-yo....
My only recollection of that episode was the next day, I'll never forget you pulling on the string thinking it would make the goat faint! The only thing that hit the ground was you after that yo-yo popped out of that goats... well, I think you get the picture

This is the big leagues kid you made a wise choice,, guys who like swift or not making as much money go to fedex
Pfft. Please.
It was a sad day when my only son couldn’t handle it at Fedex. Tried to whip him in shape, but it just wasn’t meant to be. Fine, I said, go work with other dad.......
:poke: :hide:

Go to FedEx and watch them insult you with 52 cpm no matter how many years u got, come here and get 70 if you play your cards right off the bat,, talking big money but all we can hire are losers off welfare from the truck driving school,

Leave it to those West Siders to change the name, walk the dog,rock the cradle, around the world.
Umps goats were "stump broke" when he stole them from Mastio man.

At least you have a better reputation than Billy or his two cohorts, Ump or Flyby.
Billy will offer you part time grass cutting at $1.25 hr. with a 15% pay reduction, if freight gets slow.

Seattle gangster?????? That guy outside the Whole Foods putting down folks with Starbucks cups, telling them that Seattle’s Best rules?? The thugs at Pikes threatening you to buy something cuz the fish toss show ain’t free?? The Ethiopian guy that charges for the extra hour when you’re only a couple minutes over at the parking garage??
Those Bill Gates looking fellas in the Toms shoes blocking the door at the Starbucks Roastery??

Seattle gangster?????? That guy outside the Whole Foods putting down folks with Starbucks cups, telling them that Seattle’s Best rules?? The thugs at Pikes threatening you to buy something cuz the fish toss show ain’t free?? The Ethiopian guy that charges for the extra hour when you’re only a couple minutes over at the parking garage??
Those Bill Gates looking fellas in the Toms shoes blocking the door at the Starbucks Roastery??

It’s ths Birkenstock Mafia...