Dwight Howard a Laker

Still not the favorties. I would think Miami and OKC still in front. Lakers are old in the back court. Kobe and Nash don't defend at all. And if any of their starters gets hurt they have zero bench. Miami added Lewis and Allen. So they are gonna much better on the perimeter. OKC is full of young studs. I hope for another very good Finals.

highspeeds said:
Still not the favorties. I would think Miami and OKC still in front. Lakers are old in the back court. Kobe and Nash don't defend at all. And if any of their starters gets hurt they have zero bench. Miami added Lewis and Allen. So they are gonna much better on the perimeter. OKC is full of young studs. I hope for another very good Finals.

I agree. Howard and Gasol on the inside is scary. Kobe is well Kobe. Nash , he can still run the court very good.

Overall they need depth now, youre right. I just think they made out big. In closing, Howard had what good players around him until now?

Western Conference finals will be either Thunder and Lakers or Thunder Spurs, either way Thunder win with a Thunder Heat rematch.

Nash will help make the offense look exciting. But like when he was with Suns, there will be no defense. Defense wins championships, not ally oops.

Howard is a beast. And yet not really an offensive threat. Other than put back dunks. So I really don't think the Lakers improve him or his value. He is the same guy doing the same thing. Just now he is doing it on a team that competes in the playoffs every year. And needs what he brings.

The Lakers had the second best center in the game. And they traded him for the best center in the game. And moved some worthless junk to do it. Yeah, they made out pretty well.

I think that the Howard acquisition was huge for the Lakers. Bynum was way too inconsistent for my likings and he often appeared to be lazy. Howard will take some of the pressure of Kobe. And with a great passer like Nash.....look out. I think that the Thunder will be there for the Western Conference finals, but the Lakers will send them packin'. The Spurs are getting old and Tim Duncan has dropped off significantly.(although I'm a huge fan of his.) Since they won the Championship, the Heat may come back with a ho-hum attitude and lose their MOJO. They better guard against complacency.

Lakers win it all.

I thnk you mean with a great scorer like Nash. If they double the post Kobe and Nash will be spotted up and waiting. I just wonder if they will be able to stop anybody.

I thnk you mean with a great scorer like Nash. If they double the post Kobe and Nash will be spotted up and waiting. I just wonder if they will be able to stop anybody.
Nash was #65 on the scoring list at 12.5 points per game, so his scoring is down but he can still score when needed to. His value is still ball handling and assists but he still has a few good years left. Dwight draws a lot of attention so Nash's scoring could go up this year.