ABF | Dying in Dayton

If it means anything at Con-way the freight keeps picking up. I haven't seen the typical post summer slow down yet.
It should be busy there. Check out their freight rates and discounts. All you have to remember is they took from their drivers and dock workers and passed out big discounts. If you don't believe me just go back in the sec filings and they admit they low balled freight and tried to put yrc out of business. They have one of the lowest rates around on most freight. So somebody has to pay for the discounts and at Con-Way it is the workers. I know a owner of a 3pl and he said Con-Way is the lowest of all the big carriers. But only for a period of time then they start crying they need a rate hike. So yes Con-Way will be busy but they're bottom line will reflect the discounts. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS! And by the way ABF BROTHERS as you can see many other company,s read these postings and react accordingly. That doesn't make them bad people after all it is business.If you talk about how great Amazon is they will ask they're boss about it.Just a public service reminder.

It should be busy there. Check out their freight rates and discounts. All you have to remember is they took from their drivers and dock workers and passed out big discounts. If you don't believe me just go back in the sec filings and they admit they low balled freight and tried to put yrc out of business. They have one of the lowest rates around on most freight. So somebody has to pay for the discounts and at Con-Way it is the workers. I know a owner of a 3pl and he said Con-Way is the lowest of all the big carriers. But only for a period of time then they start crying they need a rate hike. So yes Con-Way will be busy but they're bottom line will reflect the discounts. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS! And by the way ABF BROTHERS as you can see many other company,s read these postings and react accordingly. That doesn't make them bad people after all it is business.If you talk about how great Amazon is they will ask they're boss about it.Just a public service reminder.

Yes they did cut rates but most have been raised back up. Employee wage cuts have been restored and we made almost 40 mil last quarter.

Yes they did cut rates but most have been raised back up. Employee wage cuts have been restored and we made almost 40 mil last quarter.
What about the pensions? What about the amount of matching the 401k? No the cuts that the workers took was divided between the customers and the executives. And not all the rates are back up.

CON-WAYITEM 8.01 OTHER EVENTS

Effective January 1, 2007, the company made changes to its defined benefit pension plans and placed additional emphasis on its primary 401(k) plan, the Con-way Retirement Savings Plan. At that time, the Company’s contributions included “matching” contributions equal to 50% of the first six percent of employees’ eligible compensation and certain additional discretionary contributions to employees’ 401(k) accounts. The additional contributions, which were based on employees’ years of service, consisted of a “basic” contribution that ranged from 3% to 5% of eligible compensation and a “transition” contribution that ranged from 1% to 3% of eligible compensation.

Effective in April 2009, due to challenging and uncertain economic conditions, the Company suspended or limited its various contributions to the Con-way Retirement Savings Plan. The matching and transition contributions were suspended and the basic contribution was limited to no more than 3% of an employee’s eligible compensation.

As general economic conditions have improved, the Company has now elected to restore the suspended basic and transition contributions under the Con-way Retirement Savings Plan, effective for periods after October 1, 2011. Although dependent on employee count and turnover, the estimated cost per quarter will be approximately $5 million.

EDGAR Pro

AS you can see Con-Way took from the workers and gave it to themselves and a little to the customers. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I work for UPS Freight and it is seriously slow. I just hope it picks up soon we have slow Mondays slow Fridays and slow days in between

I don't think it is going to pick up anytime soon, just my gut feeling.

Funny thing, in spite of Conway's notoriously low rates we still have freight that they can't get their paws on.

Man I feel your pain, I worked for CF till they closed. Then at ABF (BUF) I worked on call till I retired in 3/07 and wish things were better for you guys.
But I must tell you. I worked on the docks, city, and yard. When it was slow our TM would let us run the road on weekends I would make it to Dayton OH and was always treated real good by the men workin there. Thank You and the best of luck to all of you

Honcho I hope you have a long and healthy and wealthy retirement. GOOD LUCK BROTHER! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Honcho I hope you have a long and healthy and wealthy retirement. GOOD LUCK BROTHER! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Thank You. I was talkin to 1 of the road drivers from Erie that now calls Buf his home. I saw him at our bbq event 4th Annual Smokin' Eagles International BBQ Festival he was telling me some of the niose that is going on and I don't like it. If any of you remember me I use to cook bbq on the docks friday night for lunch and I'm still at it. IF anyone is in town for our event Please look me up. My wife Karen and myself run this event for charity, so everyone knows where I'm at.. Good Luck My Brothers

Thank You. I was talkin to 1 of the road drivers from Erie that now calls Buf his home. I saw him at our bbq event 4th Annual Smokin' Eagles International BBQ Festival he was telling me some of the niose that is going on and I don't like it. If any of you remember me I use to cook bbq on the docks friday night for lunch and I'm still at it. IF anyone is in town for our event Please look me up. My wife Karen and myself run this event for charity, so everyone knows where I'm at.. Good Luck My Brothers
When and where do you hold this event?

North Tonawanda NY half way between Buffalo and Niagara Falls Aug 11-13, 2012 is our next one.
We are the ONLY N/E qualifier for the big show in Waycross GA were $60,000 in cash and prizes
Our winner has already been crowned "Florida Skin n Bones" they will be at this years event Nov 4-5 in Waycross GA
National BBQ Festival, Home of the Best of the Best National BBQ Championship, also known as the National Barbecue Championship, National Barbeque Championship, or National Bar-B-Que Championship we have lots of parking for anyone around. Please stop here also and look me up

North Tonawanda NY half way between Buffalo and Niagara Falls Aug 11-13, 2012 is our next one.
We are the ONLY N/E qualifier for the big show in Waycross GA were $60,000 in cash and prizes
Our winner has already been crowned "Florida Skin n Bones" they will be at this years event Nov 4-5 in Waycross GA
National BBQ Festival, Home of the Best of the Best National BBQ Championship, also known as the National Barbecue Championship, National Barbeque Championship, or National Bar-B-Que Championship we have lots of parking for anyone around. Please stop here also and look me up
Don't be surprised to see the ole Muler there next year. I will be the fat guy with a face covered in Barbecue Sauce carrying a large cup of beer. Have a safe winter and I hope to see you there. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Conway is so concerned about their employees being stressed, that here in the northeast ,they went from a 60hr. clock, to a 70 hr. clock, ( my in-law was at the meeting ).

1 of my cf brothers that also got laid off from YRC also went to Cock Way to see.
Well he ran out of hrs on the road. The boss at the new CF told him when he called in for a ride
home from where he ran out of hrs. "Maybe your not cut out to work here"
So he quit and is driving bus making more $$ then ever before. he worked at the Ol CF for 12-14 yrs.
Real sad they treat folks like that, just a shame.

ABF hired a few cf employee's which has been a blessing from what is going on a YRC. Just attend a large turn out of former cf employee's and most are enjoying their Teamster retirement.

That's one for the reasons we run this bbq event JUST FOR CHARITIE
We are way to lucky to be able to retire in this economy.
Taking care of family, friends, and those who are tring to make it.
Not the ones who sit on their hands,,,