ABF | Dying in Dayton

End of the month,end of the quarter, 2 guys on comp. & the last guy missed 2 days this week.... I think its time someone to a close look at some of our sales staff????

End of the month,end of the quarter, 2 guys on comp. & the last guy missed 2 days this week.... I think its time someone to a close look at some of our sales staff????
That would be a fair request.I had a meeting several years ago and found that the sales people were slacking. They are all gone since then. ABF allowed them enough time to get they're acts together and when they didn't they were gone.

That would be a fair request.I had a meeting several years ago and found that the sales people were slacking. They are all gone since then. ABF allowed them enough time to get they're acts together and when they didn't they were gone.
I can only hope they look into this. 4years & not one new account how can they justify this?

Had end of the month/quarter rush here. Sure to be followed by heavy on deliveries early next week.

I can only hope they look into this. 4years & not one new account how can they justify this?
Do your homework. Then approach your TM with facts and ask if he can do something about it. If you don't receive a satisfactory answer go to the next level. I say write the sales guy a certified letter telling him of your displeasure of his lack of production. CC the TM and the regional VP of sales and operations. I did. Sometimes they need to hear it from someone who see's what a salesman is or is not doing. PS the last time I sent a warning letter to a TM it cost me $5.44. Good Luck! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Our old TM was from CF and all he did was drink and he had three suits. such a slob when he dressed. Now he's in charge of Prime Time.
I think the only prime time he knew was when the booze was pouring. Never would have though ABF would have a bum on payroll

He work the city for CF as a salesman then where he went was a unknown till he showed up at ABF 1 day. I was shocked. Then 1 day he asked if we knew where a business was (That had been around for all of 50 years) it was 3 blocks from the termial. He never was there before. Crazy thing is 2 bars were across the street from it. And when we told him it was across the street from the bar, he said " Really"

hey, how u doin there muler??? long time no speak brother!!!! i hate to hear that it is dying in dayton, i really enjoyed my time there at 064... but i had to move on! hey muler, how is freight at your barn??

Starting today 11/1 we will no longer be getting nbty (vitamins) this was 2 or 3 vans a day it was lost to fed ex. This was the 4th major hit we took this year & nothing new to replace the lost freight. The only good news from this is someone is seeing what is going on, we had many visitors in the last month and a half lets hope we start seeing freight again....

GO40 you know as well as I do sales is not the only dead weight we have,we lost 80% of amazon, and now NBTY, Rumor has it there is talk of lay-offs and canceling of bids. Still have the same amount of office help tho.Wonder how they rate office production.

GO40 you know as well as I do sales is not the only dead weight we have,we lost 80% of amazon, and now NBTY, Rumor has it there is talk of lay-offs and canceling of bids. Still have the same amount of office help tho.Wonder how they rate office production.
Or at least stager the shifts....

Thank you to whoever at the fort read this post. They are now aware of the beating we have been taking & now are trying to fix the problem. Our acting sales person is now on long term medical leave & we have had several big shots here selling our area. I can only hope they are searching for a replacement asap.

Congrats to you at Dayton. Had a change at our shop too recently. Not too long after I posted about some of our problems. Shouldn't we receive some kind of bonus for making the winning suggestions?

Congrats to you at Dayton. Had a change at our shop too recently. Not too long after I posted about some of our problems. Shouldn't we receive some kind of bonus for making the winning suggestions?
Im out of 184, & yes. I agree with you.

Thank you to whoever at the fort read this post. They are now aware of the beating we have been taking & now are trying to fix the problem. Our acting sales person is now on long term medical leave & we have had several big shots here selling our area. I can only hope they are searching for a replacement asap.
It is a funny thing about ABF, we can call the Fort all we want and they won't even give us the time of day. Hang a little of their dirty laundry out to dry on the internet and all of a sudden they take a little action. It makes it look like all they are worried about is their sparkling company image.
We had some problems addressed a while back but they still need to do more at my shop. Wes Kemp can print all the niceties he wants to about how great the people at ABF are in those By-Lines but what those of us in the trenches think of the company is based on what we see when we come to work ever day. We're confronted with a real POS who gets his jollies screwing drivers. Do they really think they can screw drivers every day and they don't notice it's happening? A high percentage of our drivers either pull into the lot or around the corner 15 minutes before their start time but don't enter the building until two clicks before they're due in. I never saw anything like that anywhere else I worked in all of my years in the work force. Then half of the drivers won't even say two words to the jackass. Not to mention the customers who have been treated like they're lucky ABF is here to tend to their needs.
That behavior might have floated the boat years ago when money flowed like water through the veins of these companies but things are a little different now.

It is a funny thing about ABF, we can call the Fort all we want and they won't even give us the time of day. Hang a little of their dirty laundry out to dry on the internet and all of a sudden they take a little action. It makes it look like all they are worried about is their sparkling company image.
We had some problems addressed a while back but they still need to do more at my shop. Wes Kemp can print all the niceties he wants to about how great the people at ABF are in those By-Lines but what those of us in the trenches think of the company is based on what we see when we come to work ever day. We're confronted with a real POS who gets his jollies screwing drivers. Do they really think they can screw drivers every day and they don't notice it's happening? A high percentage of our drivers either pull into the lot or around the corner 15 minutes before their start time but don't enter the building until two clicks before they're due in. I never saw anything like that anywhere else I worked in all of my years in the work force. Then half of the drivers won't even say two words to the jackass. Not to mention the customers who have been treated like they're lucky ABF is here to tend to their needs.
That behavior might have floated the boat years ago when money flowed like water through the veins of these companies but things are a little different now.
Thats how it was when I worked for roadway....

Certainly you're not talking about Mr. Noble?? I was at 064 on Sat. was called at the Motel at 13:15 for 15:15 and never got my bills until 16:15, when I asked Dave if the yard was dragging their feet he just shook his head yes. So sad, you can't even get out on your rest on a weekend but I did get into Nobel's pocket to help with my Christmas!! But the (Shop) is another story the guy's in the (Yard) will drag the set up on the ready line, regardless if it has a flat, air leak, or even lgts. out. You would think they were getting paid by the hook instead of getting paid by the hour!!