XPO | dying of thirst

huey29

TB Lurker
Credits
ok ,..this may not be of any importance! but back in the day when it was warm out and humid every sector desk had a water cooler .where a guy could get a cool drink and refresh himself before grabbing the next breaker. well i have been to xsw and xin the last couple of weeks and have yet to find one.matter of fact i dont even think our barn @ xef has one out for the O/B crew. anyway just curious if its like that all over or is the central midwest priveliged enough to buy their own water from the machines in the break room.

was in xca last week and they had Gatorade at the sector stands.
xco had Gatorade and ice cream bars out for are o/b crew

They are suppose to supply water for you on the docks. A couple years back we use to have Gatorade at the dock stands and it was ice cold. Man that stuff was good, but they did away with it for some reason.

Unfortuanately the Response of most SCM's is "Well we have a water fountain in the break room"

Seeing little things like water/gatorade at the sector stands and hot soup in the winter are what set this company apart when I decided to come over here... But it seems like it's becoming less and less important to provide the Drivers with the little benefits that make us feel appreciated... And that's too bad, The small cost of the gatorade and soup are easily worth it just counting the boost in morale it brings...

StrokerAce said:
They are suppose to supply water for you on the docks. A couple years back we use to have Gatorade at the dock stands and it was ice cold. Man that stuff was good, but they did away with it for some reason.
The scm of xin a while back(now rm of Wisconsin) said if they want Gatorade they can buy it.He's such a sweet man.

huey29 said:
ok ,..this may not be of any importance! but back in the day when it was warm out and humid every sector desk had a water cooler .where a guy could get a cool drink and refresh himself before grabbing the next breaker. well i have been to xsw and xin the last couple of weeks and have yet to find one.matter of fact i dont even think our barn @ xef has one out for the O/B crew. anyway just curious if its like that all over or is the central midwest priveliged enough to buy their own water from the machines in the break room.
at XSL we have water coolers on both sector stands during o/b. notsure about the reship though. usually it's just water (ice cold and very nice to have though) but sometimes they shake things up and mix lemonaid or gatoraide)

StrokerAce said:
the little things means a lot i liked it. cold gatorade, soup, ice cream, it bring up your sprits. working on that 10 degree dock or 100 degree.but were is it written that the are suppose to.

DOLLAR BILL said:
the little things means a lot i liked it. cold gatorade, soup, ice cream, it bring up your sprits. working on that 10 degree dock or 100 degree.but were is it written that the are suppose to.
your right they are not supposed to. and another thing i agree with it brings up your spirits. thats exactly MY POINT. team morale in this compnay is at an all time low.i started here in the dead of winter 2001 and i was amazed that first year how much bonus incentives we had like cool drinks in the summer hot soup in the winter .my TM would have pizza and doughnuts almost every friday . it made a guy feel good that he was being awarded for the hard work he has done. oh and one more thing. when was the last time anybody got a star card ?? maybe its me and my attitude as to why i havent received one in while and maybe some of you think they are stupid but you know the few i got really made me think somebody in this comapany actually cares that i give up 10 -12 hours a day of my life for them.

Digital Import said:
at XSL we have water coolers on both sector stands during o/b. notsure about the reship though. usually it's just water (ice cold and very nice to have though) but sometimes they shake things up and mix lemonaid or gatoraide)
My place to.They used to have soda.I tolled the scm that soda was not very good for us in the bad heat.He change it.